primer

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

primer

Post by gaz45 »

Hi as i'm still pretty new at this i have just primed some parts with a rattle can primer humbrol acrylic primer how long is it best to leave for before painting thanks.
User avatar
Ozzie21
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Millmerran, Queensland, Australia

Re: primer

Post by Ozzie21 »

Going from what the experts say and from what I've experienced at least 24hrs

Ozzie21
Ozzie21

"Keep the CA off the fingers"

On the Bench
1/35th
Italieri Panther A recovery, Dragon Jagdpanzer IV A-O,

1/48th Tamiya Me109 E-3, Airfix Supercat Coyote, Tamiya F-16,
Hasegawa Harrier GR7, Hobby Boss Me262
User avatar
MrBungle
Private
Private
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: primer

Post by MrBungle »

Yeah, I'm a newbie at this.
I use Vallejo primer and just primed my first model, I did 2 layers but did let it dry for a full day between layers.
On the bench:
1/72 Messerschmidt BF109G-6
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Re: primer

Post by gaz45 »

cheers guys
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”