BenchVent BV300S-D extractor Flexi-Duct

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
galileo1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Maryland, USA

BenchVent BV300S-D extractor Flexi-Duct

Post by galileo1 »

Hey all,

As can be seen in the "What modelling goodies did the postman deliver today...." forum, I've just received the A300S-D extractor unit. Now, everything with the unit itself works just fine but while taking a closer look I noticed that the flexi-duct (hose) that came with mine has a few tears right at the base of it (where it joins to the unit). I'm concerned that while the filter will capture most of the bad stuff the tears on the duct will allow polluted air to escape back into the room. I've emailed BenchVent being that they instruct to get in touch with them within 24 hours of receiving the shipment if anything is damaged but I also wanted to know, from those of you who may have one, if tears at the base of the duct is a normal occurrence. To tell you the truth, my duct looks like it has been used before so I'd like to get some sort of confirmation.

Thanks for your insights on this.
Rob

Image

In progress:
  • N/A
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: BenchVent BV300S-D extractor Flexi-Duct

Post by Lee »

Didn't notice any in mine. They are a good company so, should sort you out :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
galileo1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: BenchVent BV300S-D extractor Flexi-Duct

Post by galileo1 »

Thanks, Lee. Yeah, heard from them early today and they're sending me a replacement duct. They were surprised about the damage, just like I was. Anyway, they are indeed a great company to deal with.
Rob

Image

In progress:
  • N/A
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”