Filter technique in Painting

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Filter technique in Painting

Post by rodrant »

Sorry about bringing this topic to here , do not know if it is the right place in the forum , but I heard a lot about using 'filters' in painting , as example , after using some dark color we aplly a filter using the same color but more diluted or mixed with a lighter one ... when we use this technique the color should be diluted or mixed with some weathering product/lighter color ?

Does anybody know this technique that can give me some tips ? :scratch::

thank you
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
galileo1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Filter technique in Painting

Post by galileo1 »

Rob

Image

In progress:
  • N/A
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: Filter technique in Painting

Post by rodrant »

Thank you for the tips , think it is understood and more or ess ( actually less ... ;-) ) the idea that I had on what was this , I will try to practice some in my SiG Nightfighter build , let's see if it works ok as the plane is an all black and I will do some post shading using a very light gray and then apply a filter using the dark color but very diluted ...

I apreciate your help and tips very much ! :th:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”