looking for a Stryker kit

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
HAVOC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

looking for a Stryker kit

Post by HAVOC »

I'm looking for a 1/35 Styker kit for my first build. Who makes the best kit and what's out there for aftermarket parts (engine, interior)?
On the bench

AFV Club 1/35 M1126 Stryker
Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070/M1000 HET
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: looking for a Stryker kit

Post by schweinhund227 »

Hope you don't mind if I take a Stab at this one ?

There are two Makers ! in 1/35th scale.

AFV CLUB and TRUMPETER

AFV Club makes a few ! Very well done, I might add &

Trumpeter makes the most about 10 variants of the Stryker family !! and they are all pretty good !
If trumpeter doesn't do it ? then AFV Club has filled the Void and vice-versa
There is a lot of work ahead of you ! with any variant of it ! They are not kits for beginners

I can't tell you which company makes the BEST ! cuz they are both really good !
(my opinion)

as for interiors.... ONLY Trumpeter M1129 has a FULL interior since you can see right inside..due to the nature of the vehicle !
(no engine) comes with the kit !

Legend Productions makes a Resin Engine for the AFV Club Kits and an Engine for the Trumpeter kits ! They can not be Swapped !
as the interior details (HULL) of either companies are a little different from one another. and there is a lot of surgury involved in assembling
the Engine and displaying it inside the vehicles... I strongly believe it was designed to be shown OUTSIDE the vehicle ! and they are worth as
much as the whole model ! so be forewarned !

Black Dog makes an interior for the M1126 stryker and is 100% resin and very tedious to put together...

Legend production also makes a DRIVER compartment ! for either... the AFC Club or specifically for the Trumpeter Strykers , but that stops there....

Each stryker vehicles are somewhat different inside ... you can't install the M1126 complete interior inside a M1135 and so forth !
it would be a waste ! and wrong !

Good luck finding one to your liking.... last time I check at "Lucky Model Hong Kong" they had a sale on AFV Clubs Strykers and got one for 22$ which is a steal !
I have them all and build 3 so far !

Take care !

Norm.

Check those if you have time !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ixwdTY61si
User avatar
HAVOC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: looking for a Stryker kit

Post by HAVOC »

Thanks, that did help. I found a couple Strykers in my local HS but they are a lot cheaper at hobbylinc.
I really wanted the RV version from Trumpeter but he didn't have it. I did pick up some Tamiya cement and the 1/12 Foose Camaro.
On the bench

AFV Club 1/35 M1126 Stryker
Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070/M1000 HET
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: looking for a Stryker kit

Post by schweinhund227 »

:cheers2: :thumb2:
User avatar
HAVOC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: looking for a Stryker kit

Post by HAVOC »

Found it. Stopped in to the store again and I happened to ask about the M1127 Stryker, he had it in the back of the store.
That will be my first build if my tools ever show up :x
On the bench

AFV Club 1/35 M1126 Stryker
Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070/M1000 HET
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”