Page 1 of 1
Model Shops in London
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm
by fr0sty
I'm in London next week for work and wondered if anyone can recommend any model shops, (if there are any still around).
Re: Model Shops in London
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 pm
by Desertfish
Depends what you're after. I'f you're after movie or sci-fi related kits, you can't go wrong paying a visit to Forbidden Planet. Be warned that they're not the cheapest though. On the other hand, while in London, the shop is well worth visiting, even if you're not going to buy anything. If you want to find them, they're located at 179 Shaftesbury Ave, London WC2H 8JR.
Hamley's in Regent Street is also worth a visit. 5 floors of nothing but toys and toy shops. I didn't look around for model kits last time I was there but I would be surprised if they didn't have any.
Re: Model Shops in London
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm
by Lego
Hannants not have a shop in london?
Re: Model Shops in London
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:39 pm
by Willem
Hannants in Colindale, next to the RAF museum. Plastic heaven.
Also, there used to be a model shop on one of the side streets between Marylebone High St and Harley St, but I'm going back about 20 years so maybe.....
Re: Model Shops in London
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:23 pm
by sidioust
I just came back from my vacation in London
The hannants shop next to the RAF museum is awesome, they have a lot of models, decals and anything else you would want to have.
The RAF museum has a gift shop with Revell and Airfix kits, Entrance to the RAF museum is free and it holds loads of cool airplanes and inspiration
The Forbidden Planet shop didnt have any models but, as i do like comics and that kinda stuff it was awesome for me!
When you enter the shop you see lots of statues and busts of DC and Marvel characters, the rest of the shop was full of all kinds of goodies and when you go downstairs you find a huge collection of comics
I also went to Hamleys, you know.. biggest toy store in london
They had some Revell and Airfix kits there, also some humbrol products, wich you could also get in hannants for a lot cheaper but it is still a great shop to visit

Re: Model Shops in London
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm
by AchtungPanzer
London, Warsaw, New York ...- All shops are in internet mate
