Page 1 of 1

phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:07 am
by Sean
Hi Guys

Any chance you can enable (assuming this version of phpbb supports them) Spoiler tags ?

Just so when adding lots of background text to a build thread, it would be nice to be able to hide it in a collapsed section to prevent the post from being too long & annoying to scroll thru each time.

Or am I missing a trick and there is a way, but my old mans eyes have missed it ?

Just a thought, other than that, and in the words of the Lego song, Everything is Awesome !

Cheers

Sean

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:25 am
by Lee
errrr....... :crazy:

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:31 am
by Paul
I cannot stand those collapsed pages so annoying to read each post.

Just click the icon to the right if the thread and it'll take you to the latest post I the page.

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:44 am
by Sean
Paul wrote:I cannot stand those collapsed pages so annoying to read each post.

Just click the icon to the right if the thread and it'll take you to the latest post I the page.
No, Sorry, I didn't mean the entire post or its replies - that's a threaded view.
I agree that view sucks and I wouldn't be able to stand it myself.

I mean the is BBcode tag installed or enabled in the phpBB server so you can embed stuff using

[spoiler=This is where you put you title of the text]This is what you can see when you click the title or button depending on version installed.[/spoiler]

Then you can better format lengthy post or structure the information better - not a different way of looking at all the replies.
If you ever go to a gaming or movie forum or even a joke you will find the punchline or spoiler hidden using this method. Like a different way of quoting another post inside your reply.

Don`t worry, it was just a casual question, its not a big deal at all & I wouldn't expect anyone to leap to install it if they aren't confident at installing or configuring the board software in the first place.

Anyway - it didn't stop me posting 6 pages of bumf at the start of my first build thread :mrgreen:

:cheers2:

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:49 am
by Paul
Sean wrote:
Paul wrote:I cannot stand those collapsed pages so annoying to read each post.

Just click the icon to the right if the thread and it'll take you to the latest post I the page.
No, Sorry, I didn't mean the entire post or its replies - that's a threaded view.
I agree that view sucks and I wouldn't be able to stand it myself.

I mean the is BBcode tag installed or enabled in the phpBB server so you can embed stuff using

[spoiler=This is where you put you title of the text]This is what you can see when you click the title or button depending on version installed.[/spoiler]

Then you can better format lengthy post or structure the information better - not a different way of looking at all the replies.
If you ever go to a gaming or movie forum or even a joke you will find the punchline or spoiler hidden using this method. Like a different way of quoting another post inside your reply.

Don`t worry, it was just a casual question, its not a big deal at all & I wouldn't expect anyone to leap to install it if they aren't confident at installing or configuring the board software in the first place.

Anyway - it didn't stop me posting 6 pages of bumf at the start of my first build thread :mrgreen:

:cheers2:
Ah right gotcha :thumb2:

Btw could you reduce the size of the video in your sig, your combined sig is rather too large :thumb2:

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:57 am
by Sean
Paul wrote:[Btw could you reduce the size of the video in your sig, your combined sig is rather too large :thumb2:
No problem - let me know if this is OK or not and I`ll find something else trivial but smaller

This is only 109k and obviously less height without the text above :thumb2:

Re: phpBB Spoiler Tags ?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 am
by Paul
Sean wrote:
Paul wrote:[Btw could you reduce the size of the video in your sig, your combined sig is rather too large :thumb2:
No problem - let me know if this is OK or not and I`ll find something else trivial but smaller

This is only 109k and obviously less height without the text above :thumb2:

That's perfect mate :thumb2: