Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post Reply
User avatar
muskegman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 am
Location: British Columbia , Canada
Canada

Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post by muskegman »

Something a bit different from the aircraft I usually build. This is my first attempt at a tank.

Built out of box with no extras. Zimmerit done with Milliput putty and a screwdriver tip filed to 5mm width as per instructions. This is the first time I have ever attempted zimmerit, thanks to Coens very imformative how to video on youtube I managed to pick up some tips, thanks for that great video Coen :) Painted with a hairy stick using Humbrol enamels, Modelmaster, Testors and Vallejo paints. I used Pledge Klear to set the decals and Micro-Sol for the decals. Also for the first time I tried Tamiya's Weathering pastels for some rust , soot and oilstains. I also used Daler Rowney oil paints to make a dusty wash. Sealed everything with Testors Dullcoat.

Lots of firsts for me on this one so please go easy on me ;)


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking

:cheers2:
User avatar
Art17847
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm
Location: smack dab in the middle of PA.......

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post by Art17847 »

Looks real good.....how did you do the camo airbrush or by hand.....the zim came out real good too
On the bench........uummmmm i dont have a bench......not yet anyway

Ike jokingly to Patton......"funny thing George every time I get a new star I get attacked"

Patton...."yes and every time you get attacked i bail you out"
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Excellent job for your first attempt at a tank....you're braver than me! :thumb1: :thumb1:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
trekfanj
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
United States of America

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post by trekfanj »

Great looking Tiger! :th:
Jarod

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



On the bench
Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando Calrissian version
User avatar
muskegman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 am
Location: British Columbia , Canada
Canada

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Tiger1 Late version

Post by muskegman »

Art17847 wrote:Looks real good.....how did you do the camo airbrush or by hand.....the zim came out real good too
I did the camo by hand with a hairy stick and then a couple of coats of thinned dark yellow over the top just to lightly cover the camo
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”