Page 1 of 1

1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:43 pm
by Northboy321
Hi chaps

Here's a build that I have finished this last little while, it is another Merkava for my growing IDF MBT collection. It is the Academy kit that is based on the pre-production model of the Mk3 Merkava MBT and differs from the final production models, but as I got it in a joblot of e-bay and the detail is fine in my eyes I stuck with it and am quite happy how it turned out.

So here's the usual info

Kit manufacture: Academy
Scale: 1/35
Type: IDF Merkava Mk3
Extras used: OOB
Paints and colours used: Tamiya acrylic mix for Syny Gray, enamel wash and streaking.

and here's the photo's
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

So there it is all done as always any comments and critique welcome. Next up Academy's new tool Merkava Mk2D. Till then happy modelling chaps.

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 am
by UKguyInUSA
Wow....excellent job, mate! :) :thumb1: :thumb1:

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:26 am
by AchtungPanzer
:crazy: Awesome model . This is a Top level of model-making :clap: :clap: :clap: . Thanx for sharing mate :th:

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:53 am
by SteelScooter
Very nice. I have recently developed a huge soft spot for IDF armour (on a purely they look badass level) and I have a large pile including M51s, Cents, Tirans, Magachs and Merkavas awaiting my attention. I hope they turn out half as good as this. The colour and weathering are spot on. The only addition I would make would be a crewman to show how big these monsters are. Super :clap:

Scooter

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:36 pm
by Gav0909
Cracking job there mate. The weathering and exhaust staining are excellent. Really nice work.

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:50 pm
by Hillbilly
Stunning build :thumb2:

Re: 1/35 Academy Merkava Mk3, OOB

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:55 pm
by Northboy321
May thanks for the feedback chaps, Steel Scooter I quite agree with your its one of the let downs from academy for their early Merkavas, the next builds will have crew, this should give a really good perspective of size.