Page 1 of 1

Monogram P-47D

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:57 pm
by JET
been a while since I made a plane. got this on clearance. keeping it simple and out of the box. with emphasis on paint detail and weathering,
not much to show, pretty simple little kit!
Image

Image

made up the bombs and gas tank, landing gear etc.

Image

plane is in primer only things I did to it was open the little vent by the exhaust pipe and the exhaust pipes themselves, and thinned out the other vent openings. also the machine guns will be replaced with some homemade ones

Image

Image

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 am
by UKguyInUSA
You're making a fabulous job of an old kit...almost 50 yrs old!


Looking forward to seeing this one come together and will follow your build thread closely! :) :thumb1: :thumb1:

Cheers,
Martin

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 am
by JET
thanks man!

got the paint sprayed on, I used the two tamiya colors, and then added more tones in with oil colors,although that doesn't show up very well in my pics. hopefully in the end it will show up!

also my screw up lol, i was looking at the box art when I applied the decals and put the tail number on the white stripe. I guess it should be underneath it! oh well

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:31 am
by AchtungPanzer
Very good work - nice chipping. I look forward to more :th:

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:36 am
by Willem
Nice work mate. Very very nice.

:cheers2:

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am
by Jamesday1998
wow amazing work on the jug!!!!
the preshading and just the weathering on the whole is fantastic and very realistic!!
kutgw :pop:

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 am
by Goose
Very nice model of my favrite plane;

About the chipping: was it don befor or after the matt coat? with a spo,ge or by sratching the paint?

Thanks for your answer.

Goose

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 pm
by JET
Goose wrote:Very nice model of my favrite plane;

About the chipping: was it don befor or after the matt coat? with a spo,ge or by sratching the paint?

Thanks for your answer.

Goose
thanks guys, I do all the weathering while the paint is still glossy, doing the weathering over the gloss is good because if you mess up just wipe it off! lol

for chipping I use silver craft acrylic and brush painted it on

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:41 am
by UKguyInUSA
Looking awesome so far, mate....looking forward to your final reveal now! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap:

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:29 am
by JET
almost finished, I got a bunch of parts stuck on, just the clear parts left I think

Image

Image

Image

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:32 am
by UKguyInUSA
Sweet! :) :thumb1: :clap:

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 pm
by EagleOnyx
Wow, that looks awesome! I'm currently building the same kit, but mine is from 10 or 12 years ago and my decals are different. I wish I had the same decals you have.

Re: Monogram P-47D

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 am
by EagleOnyx
hey, check out this P-47 training video I found. it's pretty awesome!