Page 1 of 1

1:72, T34 - 88mm (What if)

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am
by Russ72
A few days ago The Flying Dutchman posted this picture in his build thread, "1:35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 251/22 Aufs D Halftrack".

Image

I thought it looked very cool. So this weekend I pulled apart a couple of old 1:72 kits and frankensteined them together to have a go at recreating the picture.

Image

Image

Image

Image

While doing some interweb research I came across a few examples of this done in 1:35. I also came across this picture.

Image

I've got another 1:72 88mm kicking around, so I may have a go at this one some time in the future.

Thanks for looking, Russ.

Re: 1:72, T34 - 88mm (What if)

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:12 pm
by SyntaxModels
What if that was actually in service with the Red Army in WW2? The T-34-85 would have been irrelevant :mrgreen: Cool stuff mate! :thumb1:

Re: 1:72, T34 - 88mm (What if)

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Great job Russ! :thumb1: :thumb1:

You're a fast builder pulling that together over the weekend?! :crazy: