Page 1 of 1

Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:02 pm
by Nige99
Well I fancied building a kit which was quick and straight forward so I decided on this! I wanted to build it straight out if the box as it comes. No extras

Image

Image

It comes with the up graded barrel as standard.

Image
Image

I like the poses of the figures, it relays the action to the eye
Image

Image

Image

Image

The figures are a bit old and tired. They needed a fair amount of cleaning up. Looking forward to painting now.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 am
by rm6239
Nige

Nothing like a nice quick simple build, looks great, can't wait to see paint on it. Are you going to put it on a base?

cheers

Rossco

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 am
by officercrabtree
Hi Nige,

a lovely little kit. shame that it doesn't come with seperate track links or even link and length...:/
can't wait to see it with paint!

james.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 pm
by Paul
For a quick build it looks a good kit mate, look forward to seeing pics of it painted :thumb2:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 pm
by MikeyKb
Nige, curious that you put the extra track-links onto the model before painting them. Do you find it easier to do with the links already on the tank as opposed to separately, and then glueing them on.

Looks like a great kit, excited to see the paint come together

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm
by Nige99
Thanks for all the comments guys, it went together nice and easy. Got a bit more work done today!
I primed it with AK grey primer then used Hannants xtracrylix Dunkelgelb which does give it a lovely finish.

Image

Image

I'm very tempted to keep it one colour or use olivgrun

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 am
by UKguyInUSA
Looking great...that's a nice color :) :thumb1:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:18 pm
by Nige99
On goes the Olivgrun. The jury is still out on it tho??

Image

Image

Image

I do think I need to work on my air brush technique! I took so long doing the pattern my needle was drying up and causing me problems.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm
by martin57
looks cool though, nice kit , its good to do o of box sometimes :thumb1:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 pm
by Nige99
rm6239 wrote:Nige

Nothing like a nice quick simple build, looks great, can't wait to see paint on it. Are you going to put it on a base?

cheers

Rossco
Yes I intend to put it on a all base.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 pm
by Nige99
MikeyKb wrote:Nige, curious that you put the extra track-links onto the model before painting them. Do you find it easier to do with the links already on the tank as opposed to separately, and then glueing them on.

Looks like a great kit, excited to see the paint come together
I tend to put all extras on my armour then paint it in situ. Don't know why but that's my way.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am
by Coen
Fire the jury Nige, that's spot on bud.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 pm
by Nige99
Cheers Mike, your so kind :th:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:33 pm
by Nige99
Sorry about the slow progress on this guys.
Anyway done some chipping on this.

Image

Image

Image

Think I got a bit to carried away with the rear?? The infantry will be mounted on the engine deck and wanted some heavy chipping but I think I went to extream.

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 pm
by Paul
Looking good mate, I like the olive turn too. You got me itching to build one of my panzer III now lol

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:29 pm
by bradsbunker
This is looking great at the moment, like the chipping you have created. :thumb2:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Very nice - extra work with camo&chipping :clap: I look forward to more with interest :cheers2:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm
by brickfan8
Those figures may need some cleaning up but tamiya figures are always fun and rewarding to paint

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:51 am
by Nige99
Pretty much finished this tank now! Only a bit of weathering to do tonight. Then onto the figures

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:12 am
by Paul
Great work mate, looking good :thumb2:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:47 pm
by Hokum
Really impressive work.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:09 am
by Nige99
That's the weathering now done! I wanted to give it a light going over.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:14 am
by Coen
That looks excellent Nige! Love the rust effects on the rivets. Nice dirt effects too.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:16 am
by AchtungPanzer
Great finish , So beauty ! :clap: Wunderbar arbeit :)

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 am
by Nige99
Well I've done the most of the painting now! Just the face and hands, wash and weathering then the job is done. I have to say it as taking me a while so I'm sorry for the delay. I don't model every day.

Image

Image

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 am
by Paul
Nice work mate, your figures are getting better and better. What type of wash are you going to give them?

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:37 am
by Coen
Those are well painted Nige. Great colour choices.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 am
by Gav0909
Tank looks excellent mate.

The figures are coming on nicely as well, good work.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 pm
by Art17847
those figures look great ...nice job

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Great job on both the Tank and the figures mate...looks fab!:) :thumb1: :clap:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:12 pm
by Nige99
Cheers for all the comments guys :th:
I'm going to use the Vallejo serpia Paul.

The colours I used Mike was model color 102 German field grey and then I used highlight flesh for different shades mate.

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:15 pm
by longlance67
great work mate, the weathering on the tank looks top notch !
great work on the figures too


keep it up


Shane

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 am
by Nige99
Nearly finished! Just the base and a antenna to put on.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:43 am
by Hillbilly
Outstanding build :jd:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:35 pm
by Nige99
Finished, at last

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:01 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Sweet! Looks awesome mate, those figures are fabulous! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap: :clap:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:31 pm
by Donkeywalloper
What an ace job mate, really brilliant.
:cheers2:
John

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 pm
by Yevgeny
Excellent work. Figures add so much to it!

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 am
by Paips
Looks great :th:

Re: Panzerkampwagen III Ausf L

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 pm
by HWGuderian23
Nicely done :th: !