Page 1 of 1

Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:48 am
by garywintin
Hello All and all hello ...

Right ... so I got a new finished kit to show you dear readers. In all honesty, I am so stressed and will be until the 11th of September. I have a minimum of 18,000 words dissertations to write and I only done like 10,000 words on it, therefore; I AM FREAKING OUT. To calm down, I finished up this E-75 and took photos the other day and now, finally posting about it.

I wanted to go crazy with the paint scheme as this is a paper panzer but I cannot go over the words of she-who-must-be-obeyed ( only girlfriend in my case, no wife yet :P ). Girlfriend said she wants to see this in dark green and dark yellow. I tried negotiating for olive green as you all know olive green is far more correct but she didn't budge from dark green. I dare not cross her, therefore, dark green it is. Haha. I used Revell Aqua (Acrylic) Dark Green thinned with the fantastic all-around acrylic thinner from Ultimate Modelling Product. The dark yellow is a mix of Tamiya Dark yellow and other yellows and brown that I could find as I was running dangerously low with Dark Yellow.

The added on mesh armours were made from Eduard P.E. Mesh sheet and Ever Green Stryene Channels ( or angular U ).

I also put on some wood applique armour on the lower glacis plate. I used the actual wood from the ice lollies sticks ( whatever they are correctly called as I can't remember the correct term right now).

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -


http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co. ... erlin.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:06 am
by trekfanj
AWESOME!!! :jd:
I could see this thing battling it's way through the streets of Berlin, 1946. You did a superb job with that weathering and paint scheme; really looks "worn and torn."
Great job, Gary! :th:

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:55 pm
by Hillbilly
Stunning build :jd:

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 pm
by hansolo
Awesome king tiger! Great paintjob and weathering!!

Cheers

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:57 pm
by AlkaSeltzer
Looks great retaking Berlin and pushing the USSR into the sea. I can see that happening! Great build!

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 am
by PaulAyrey
Wow, another great job Gary, looks superb, truly an excellent piece, well done!

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am
by Gav0909
Looks excellent Gary mate. Really nice job there.

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 '' Retaking Berlin ''

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 pm
by garywintin
Gav0909 wrote:Looks excellent Gary mate. Really nice job there.
Thanks alot for the kind words Dr. Turner.
PaulAyrey wrote:Wow, another great job Gary, looks superb, truly an excellent piece, well done!
Thank you Paul ... i wouldn't call it excellent.... it made more boo-boos than I'd love to admit ...
AlkaSeltzer wrote:Looks great retaking Berlin and pushing the USSR into the sea. I can see that happening! Great build!
Thank you.. I wish I could have made a diorama but limited money and space hindered me ... :(
hansolo wrote:Awesome king tiger! Great paintjob and weathering!!

Cheers
It's actually an E-75 Hans ... :) . and thank you
Hillbilly wrote:Stunning build :jd:
Thank you sir ...
trekfanj wrote:AWESOME!!! :jd:
I could see this thing battling it's way through the streets of Berlin, 1946. You did a superb job with that weathering and paint scheme; really looks "worn and torn."
Great job, Gary! :th:
Thank you so much much ... glad you could see this monster battling it's way through the streets of Berlin