Page 1 of 1

Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm
by Tomtom12
Hi all, now having finished the D day group build I have now decided to start building what got me into scale modelling in the first place le mans and Gt cars.
This should be a quick build as this model is a curb side kit from Hasegawa, I collected nearly the complete range about 20 years ago from a model shop that was closing down in Bristol, Some thing to do when I retied from work I thought, but after browsing the web last year and finding this forum I decided to not wait and get the collection out of the loft and start building.
The model I will be building is the jaguar XJR 9 this is the car that won the Daytona 24 hours in 1988 driven by M Brundle, J Nielsen and R Bossel.
below are some pictures of the box art and the start of the build. Thanks for viewing.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
gorgeous vehicle, will be watching your build for sure :thumb2:

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm
by Tomtom12
Hi all here is a up date on the Jag. Have primed the body and rear wings, primed and painted the floorban wheels and tub, painted the dashboard and applied the decals. Thanks for looking.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 am
by WebbyNZ
Looking good, decals seem to have survived well.

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:55 pm
by Jon72286
Looking great! Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:51 pm
by Tomtom12
Hi everyone thanks for the comments, here is another small update, have now painted the bodywork with zero paints and a light coat of clear for applying the decals, also fixed the tyre decals have also given the radiator a light wash to bring out some detail. Now comes the tricky bit fixing the body decals in place.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking.

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:11 pm
by Tomtom12
Hi all final finished the decals and putting the model together, have clear coated the body I used hiroboy 2 pack clear for the first time. all I have left to do is give it a polish and try and pick out the panel lines hope you all like the pics thanks.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:05 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Beautiful job!

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 pm
by Jon72286
Looking pretty freaking sweet!!!!

Re: Jaguar XJR9 Imsa

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:40 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
This one and the Silk Cut Jaguars were very sexy racers