Page 1 of 1

Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:23 pm
by hansolo
Hi Guys,

I’m home again after my vacation in Greece.
I found a model shop in Kalamata, but it had just a couple of boat and plane sets.
And I want tanks and military vehicles. So I was restricted to 3D modeling.

But now I’m back in the game! :-)

My latest finish is the Stuart in Desert Rats settings.
It is a fix up of a model that I got from a relative.
I had to scratch build an air filter and a rear box.
I also took of the two side machine-guns and scratch build two spare petrol cans.
Made tarps and sleeping bags from miliput and added some extra stowage.
And put an English tank commander in charge.

Here is the result:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

cheers

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 pm
by chief5437
Stunning! Great job mate! :banana: :jd: :banana: :jd: :th: :th: :th:

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:49 pm
by hansolo
Thanks Chief!

cheers

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:24 pm
by Paips
Looks Great :thumb2:

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 pm
by gustavlekstal
Stunning! You have an eye for weathering. Dirt dirt and then more dirt! You make look great!

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:47 pm
by Lee
Excellent work as always Han :th:

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 pm
by hansolo
Thanks guys!

cheerio!

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm
by PaulAyrey
Looks great, well done on a fine finish!

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Again....excellent work mate....looks fabulous! :bow:: :thumb1: :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 pm
by Paips
Looks great :thumb2:

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 am
by Art17847
:clap: Museum quality work there.....it just doesnt get better then that .....great job

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:07 am
by ForbesHutton
Very nice work!

For those with an hour to spare and what to know more about the Desert Rats:

[youtube]8PC0YXNpLIk[/youtube]

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 am
by hansolo
Thanks guys,

Much appreciated!

cheerio

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 pm
by Gb64c
Did you use a chipping compound or hand paint the chipping?

I am curious on how to chip the decals, once the tank is painted and chipped. Any suggestions to get the decals to blend in?

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 pm
by hansolo
Gb64c wrote:Did you use a chipping compound or hand paint the chipping?

I am curious on how to chip the decals, once the tank is painted and chipped. Any suggestions to get the decals to blend in?
I used the hairspray technique. :thumb1:

cheerio

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:20 am
by Gb64c
Hans.

How do you weather over the decals and make them look old and degraded?

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:40 pm
by hansolo
Gb64c wrote:Hans.

How do you weather over the decals and make them look old and degraded?
The red and white stripes are painted on and the rest of the decals are partly painted over to make them look faded and weathered. :thumb1:

Cheers

Re: Stuart of the Desert Rats

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Very good Han ! like always :clap: :clap: :clap: