Page 1 of 1

Italeri 1:48th UH-1D [UPDATED]

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 am
by SyntaxModels
Hello guys!
This is my entry to the Vietnam Group Build, I plan to start it tomorrow as I currently don't have any paints for it that my airbrush will agree with (I just got my airbrush on the 19th, birthday present :D ).

Image

The Kit's sprues and box art

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I hope I can do this, it'll be the first time I use an airbrush on a kit and the first helicopter I'll have done and only the 2nd 1:48th kit i'll have done :) . So, first news is that I really need to learn how to use an airbrush and second article of news is that I really need to use weathering less. New Images (it is done, look in the final reveal section for the finished product).

Interior Weathering completed.
Image
Rotor Assembly Assembled
Image
Fuselage halves joined together, not a good fit :(
Image
Almost there! Engine cowling and painting completed!
Image

Annddddd just to get more views and comments on the final reveal post please click this link (and also to see the finished thing :)): http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 308&t=8855

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:37 am
by Lee
Good luck with it :th:

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 am
by SyntaxModels
Lee wrote:Good luck with it :th:
Thanks!

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Cool....."Apocalypse Now" coming to your screens shortly.... :thumb1:

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm
by SyntaxModels
UKguyInUSA wrote:Cool....."Apocalypse Now" coming to your screens shortly.... :thumb1:
Lol, I have not actually seen that Martin (yes I watch your YouTube channel, proud subscriber right here :)), did come on the TV the other night but didn't get around to watching it :p.

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:18 pm
by martin57
good choice hope it goes well :thumb1:

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Nice kit choice and THE Icon of Vietnam War IMHO
I was cheap and went the 1/72nd route, but think you are smarter with 1/48

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:23 am
by SyntaxModels
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Nice kit choice and THE Icon of Vietnam War IMHO
I was cheap and went the 1/72nd route, but think you are smarter with 1/48
I just hope it goes well :)

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:50 am
by Willem
Another cool choice. Good luck with your build.

:cheers2:

Re: Italeri 1:48th UH-1D

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:01 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
SyntaxModels wrote:
UKguyInUSA wrote:Cool....."Apocalypse Now" coming to your screens shortly.... :thumb1:
Lol, I have not actually seen that Martin (yes I watch your YouTube channel, proud subscriber right here :)), did come on the TV the other night but didn't get around to watching it :p.

Oh you HAVE to watch the movie, the helicopters are prominently featured.... Flight of the Valkeries and all that, but my favourite scene is the
Playboy bunnies coming out of a Huey and dancing to Suzie Q :thumb2: