Page 1 of 1

Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:02 pm
by Paul
I won an auction this afternoon on ebay, I got this lot for £58 delivered

At first glance it looks like a load of weird odds and ends, but there is some useful bits in there.

But can anyone spot the main reason I bought this?

Lee your banned from this game :nena:

Image

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 pm
by T3hGuppy
I'm going to say the photo-etch curving tool thingy.

Though theirs alot I don't even know what it is lol.

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm
by Paul
T3hGuppy wrote:I'm going to say the photo-etch curving tool thingy.

Though theirs alot I don't even know what it is lol.
There's always one that gets it first go. :bash: :thumb2:

Yep at £51 new I wasn't going to buy one anytime soon but in amongst this lot it was worth a punt. I think the rollers are at the bottom of the page in the plastic container too. If not I can buy those separately.

There's also a fair bit of PE, plus tools, airbrush parts etc.

I'll sell on what I don't want.

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm
by T3hGuppy
Good buy then :thumb2:

And It was just a lucky guess!

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm
by arnakke
Paul wrote:
T3hGuppy wrote:I'm going to say the photo-etch curving tool thingy.

Though theirs alot I don't even know what it is lol.
There's always one that gets it first go. :bash: :thumb2:

Yep at £51 new I wasn't going to buy one anytime soon but in amongst this lot it was worth a punt. I think the rollers are at the bottom of the page in the plastic container too. If not I can buy those separately.

There's also a fair bit of PE, plus tools, airbrush parts etc.

I'll sell on what I don't want.
Yeah and the rolling rods/pins that didn't come with it cost £50 :dance: :bash: :wall: ... easy, just a joke.

Doesn't T3hGuppy deserve something for hitting the mark in 3 minutes, most amusements parks give prizes.... :clap: :whistle:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 pm
by Paul
arnakke wrote:
Paul wrote:
T3hGuppy wrote:I'm going to say the photo-etch curving tool thingy.

Though theirs alot I don't even know what it is lol.
There's always one that gets it first go. :bash: :thumb2:

Yep at £51 new I wasn't going to buy one anytime soon but in amongst this lot it was worth a punt. I think the rollers are at the bottom of the page in the plastic container too. If not I can buy those separately.

There's also a fair bit of PE, plus tools, airbrush parts etc.

I'll sell on what I don't want.
Yeah and the rolling rods/pins that didn't come with it cost £50 :dance: :bash: :wall: ... easy, just a joke.

Doesn't T3hGuppy deserve something for hitting the mark in 3 minutes, most amusements parks give prizes.... :clap: :whistle:
Wow that's very kind of you to offer Jan, I'm sure T3hGuppy will be happy with any prize you offer :rofl:

Ps The replacement rods are £20 so not too bad :thumb2:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:44 pm
by 5Craven
£20 for some bits of wooden dowelling and a short length of steel rod? :shock: Someone, somewhere is having a major joke at the modelling communities expense! I think you could sell the complete kit for £20 and make a fair profit doing it without much trouble.

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 pm
by Paul
5Craven wrote:£20 for some bits of wooden dowelling and a short length of steel rod? :shock: Someone, somewhere is having a major joke at the modelling communities expense! I think you could sell the complete kit for £20 and make a fair profit doing it without much trouble.
My bad it s not £20 it's about £7.50 :thumb2: I was looking at the wrong item :scratch::

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 pm
by ChubberLang
Nice claim Paul!

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:58 pm
by arnakke
5Craven wrote:£20 for some bits of wooden dowelling and a short length of steel rod? :shock: Someone, somewhere is having a major joke at the modelling communities expense! I think you could sell the complete kit for £20 and make a fair profit doing it without much trouble.
Dead on, 5craven....milling out a piece/block of aluminium, steel would be overkill, wouldn't it? Or how about cutting one block in half ...1/2 price...see the tool used in this video


Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 am
by MakingModelsAgain
My first guess would be you're clinically insane. I don't have a second. :)

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am
by Paul
MakingModelsAgain wrote:My first guess would be you're clinically insane. I don't have a second. :)
Cheers :banana:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 pm
by Modelpro72
I was going to say it was the black thingy on the bottom left of the picture. Looks like a remmington nose hair trimmer.

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm
by Lee
Modelpro72 wrote:I was going to say it was the black thingy on the bottom left of the picture. Looks like a remmington nose hair trimmer.
That IS his Remington nose trimmer..... :rofl:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:53 pm
by T3hGuppy
Lee wrote:
Modelpro72 wrote:I was going to say it was the black thingy on the bottom left of the picture. Looks like a remmington nose hair trimmer.
That IS his Remington nose trimmer..... :rofl:

:rofl: Hehe.

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm
by Paul
Lee wrote:
Modelpro72 wrote:I was going to say it was the black thingy on the bottom left of the picture. Looks like a remmington nose hair trimmer.
That IS his Remington nose trimmer..... :rofl:
At least my nose hairs ain't ginger :eeek:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 pm
by Lee
Paul wrote:
Lee wrote:
Modelpro72 wrote:I was going to say it was the black thingy on the bottom left of the picture. Looks like a remmington nose hair trimmer.
That IS his Remington nose trimmer..... :rofl:
At least my nose hairs ain't ginger :eeek:
You can't keep playing the ginger card mate, I've had it for forty years (boring) you'll have to start being original :nena:

:D

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm
by Paul
Lee wrote:
You can't keep playing the ginger card mate, I've had it for forty years (boring) you'll have to start being original :nena:

:D
45 years isn't it mate?, maybe I'll focus on the fact your pushing 50 then :thumb2: :nena:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 pm
by Lee
Paul wrote:
Lee wrote:
You can't keep playing the ginger card mate, I've had it for forty years (boring) you'll have to start being original :nena:

:D
45 years isn't it mate?, maybe I'll focus on the fact your pushing 50 then :thumb2: :nena:
44 :tongue:

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 pm
by PhildaFish
Lee wrote:
Paul wrote:At least my nose hairs ain't ginger :eeek:
You can't keep playing the ginger card mate, I've had it for forty years (boring) you'll have to start being original :nena:

:D
Have you ever heard this song by Tim Minchin? It's worth watching by anyone but especially for you!
[youtube]KVN_0qvuhhw[/youtube]

Re: Lets play a game.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 pm
by Lee
lol.... Very good :D