Page 1 of 1

Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:14 pm
by m0gb0y74
The first of my models of aircraft belonging to 111 Squadron. The cockpit is full of Aires etch but you can't see any of it :-(

Re: Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 am
by Hillbilly
Nice,clean build :thumb1:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:01 pm
by thing
Got that one on my pile too, hope it comes out half as good as that.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am
by m0gb0y74
thing wrote:Got that one on my pile too, hope it comes out half as good as that.
Thanks :-)

Quick tip...

When filling and sanding I lost parts of some of the raised panel lines. To restore them I used Tamiya tape leaving a small gap between two pieces, using the remaining panel lines as a guide. I then brush painted over the gap using Mr Surfacer 1200. I left it to dry for 24 hours and removed the tape. Raised panel line restored :-)

Re: Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Nice job mate....I like the tip about restoring raised panel lines, will try that next time I lose some detail :) :thumb1: :thumb1: