Page 1 of 1

1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter 1943

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:04 pm
by pmarshall
Finished this morning, built as a quick simple build after the Spitfire. This is the same aircraft as the Walter NOWOTNY scheme, but with a different pilot at a later time in Winter Distemper. This was done to try AMMO Washable White paint, which works really well.
Painted with Gunze throughout, apart from the AMMO Washable White, and weathered with Oils.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Peter

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:36 pm
by Nev
One hell of a paint job right there! :th:

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:18 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Really good execution :clap:

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:44 pm
by Orbyn
Wow, looks great! Thans for sharing. I did not know about the AMMO washable paint. Sounds very interesting.

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:20 pm
by shortCummins
looks really good :th: , did you do a "normal" camo scheme first and then over paint with the AMMO washable?

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm
by SteveW
A very nice job Peter. Wasn't aware of the washable stuff. I will have to keep an eye out for that. Well done :th: :th:

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 am
by planemaker
Awsome finish! :clap: :th: Very interesting camouflage.

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am
by cib2265
thats lovely work - well done!

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 pm
by Yevgeny
Oh that looks lovely neat. Love the smoke stains and canopy glass looks immaculate :thumb1:

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:08 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Sweet looking camo scheme....this AMMO washable white paint intrigues me? :) :thumb1:

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm
by pmarshall
WhiteJC wrote:looks really good :th: , did you do a "normal" camo scheme first and then over paint with the AMMO washable?
You paint the original cammo first then

Image

then spray the AMMO Washable White cammo over the top, then use a wet brush to wear it back

Image

HTH

Peter

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm
by shortCummins
pmarshall wrote:
WhiteJC wrote:looks really good :th: , did you do a "normal" camo scheme first and then over paint with the AMMO washable?
You paint the original cammo first then

Image

then spray the AMMO Washable White cammo over the top, then use a wet brush to wear it back

Image

HTH

Peter
thats fantastic, thanks Peter, I must try this soon

John(WhiteJC)

Re: 1/48th Focke Wulf 190 A-5,I./JG54Grünherz, Orel, Winter

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:14 am
by SyntaxModels
Great job!