Page 1 of 1

All your banter here.....

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:14 am
by Lee
Post all your GB related chat and banter in this section :thumb2:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 pm
by Waylander
Sorry but just checking that Mad Max is classed as Sci Fi well Mad Max 2 to be exact?

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm
by Paul
Waylander wrote:Sorry but just checking that Mad Max is classed as Sci Fi well Mad Max 2 to be exact?
I would say so yes :thumb2:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 pm
by Lee
Waylander wrote:Sorry but just checking that Mad Max is classed as Sci Fi well Mad Max 2 to be exact?
Definitely :D

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 am
by WebbyNZ
I have not settled on a build yet, still working on another build but before I go digging maybe a mod can clarify what is and is not classed 'sci fi'
Thunderbirds?
Back to the future?
Avengers/iron man?
Gundam/Japanese anime vehicles?
Robocop?
Terminator?
Ghostbusters?
Knight rider?

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 am
by Paul
WebbyNZ wrote:I have not settled on a build yet, still working on another build but before I go digging maybe a mod can clarify what is and is not classed 'sci fi'
Thunderbirds?
Back to the future?
Avengers/iron man?
Gundam/Japanese anime vehicles?
Robocop?
Terminator?
Ghostbusters?
Knight rider?

I would say yes to all the above personally, non of it is real so it's sci fi

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm
by Bagpiper
I was thinking Ghost Busters wasn't but when you look at the equipment they use it is in the realms of Sci-Fi. Thanks for asking mate and I will agree with Paul for once. Got to make him feel wanted these days. :lol:

All the best

Jim

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:21 pm
by Paul
Bagpiper wrote:I was thinking Ghost Busters wasn't but when you look at the equipment they use it is in the realms of Sci-Fi. Thanks for asking mate and I will agree with Paul for once. Got to make him feel wanted these days. :lol:

All the best

Jim
Cheeky git :eeek: :banana: :thumb2:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 pm
by Bagpiper
Paul wrote:
Bagpiper wrote:I was thinking Ghost Busters wasn't but when you look at the equipment they use it is in the realms of Sci-Fi. Thanks for asking mate and I will agree with Paul for once. Got to make him feel wanted these days. :lol:

All the best

Jim
Cheeky git :eeek: :banana: :thumb2:

I think Git should be in the swear filter. :lol: Have not been called that since I left the UK. Thanks man..err dude If your bored look up the definition of Git. I was quiet surprised mate. It's a reall cool replacement for a word that starts with the second letter of the alphabet.. Sorry! gone random on you there.

Cheers Jim the Git :lol: :nena:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:13 pm
by Paul
Bagpiper wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bagpiper wrote:I was thinking Ghost Busters wasn't but when you look at the equipment they use it is in the realms of Sci-Fi. Thanks for asking mate and I will agree with Paul for once. Got to make him feel wanted these days. :lol:

All the best

Jim
Cheeky git :eeek: :banana: :thumb2:

I think Git should be in the swear filter. :lol: Have not been called that since I left the UK. Thanks man..err dude If your bored look up the definition of Git. I was quiet surprised mate. It's a reall cool replacement for a word that starts with the second letter of the alphabet.. Sorry! gone random on you there.

Cheers Jim the Git :lol: :nena:

Ha ha, it does have a certain ring "Jim the Git" :banana:

Laters dude :thumb2: :eeek: :cheers2:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm
by Coen
I've always wondered...

Git
Noun

S: (n) rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git (a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible) "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:00 pm
by Bagpiper
Coen wrote:I've always wondered...

Git
Noun

S: (n) rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git (a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible) "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
There is another definition that I was refering to. Check out number 2 below. :cheers2:

il·le·git·i·mate
/ˌiləˈjitəmit/Adjective
1.Not authorized by the law; not in accordance with accepted standards or rules: "an illegitimate exercise of power by the military".
2.(of a child) Born of parents not lawfully married to each other.

And thank you for looking up Paul's insult towards me. I'm deeply moved :lol: :nena:

Synonyms
unlawful - illegal - misbegotten - lawless - illicit

Cheers "Jimmy the Git" :pistols: "My new ISM Name" :lol:

p.s. You can tell it's Friday can't you :cheers2:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:09 pm
by Paul
ha Jimmy the Git even better lmao.

I'm gonna shorten it to "J to the G" :eeek:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm
by Coen
Bagpiper wrote:
Coen wrote:I've always wondered...

Git
Noun

S: (n) rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git (a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible) "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
There is another definition that I was refering to. Check out number 2 below. :cheers2:

il·le·git·i·mate
/ˌiləˈjitəmit/Adjective
1.Not authorized by the law; not in accordance with accepted standards or rules: "an illegitimate exercise of power by the military".
2.(of a child) Born of parents not lawfully married to each other.

And thank you for looking up Paul's insult towards me. I'm deeply moved :lol: :nena:

Synonyms
unlawful - illegal - misbegotten - lawless - illicit

Cheers "Jimmy the Git" :pistols: "My new ISM Name" :lol:

p.s. You can tell it's Friday can't you :cheers2:

All in good fun.
And it pick on the Scott day here so there ya go.

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:06 pm
by Waylander
Well at least git is better than "Gimp"

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:42 pm
by Lee
Waylander wrote:Well at least git is better than "Gimp"
Gimpy git...

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 pm
by Waylander
Well guys I am gonna do my Mad Max figure but that will be a very quick build (As its only in three bits) so I have just put a bid on a kit on the dreaded Ebay. Its from my most favourite ever TV series and a kit I have wanted to build for well over 20 years it is:

AIRWOLF

Just better hope to win the bid on it now and work out how to get a Pay Pal account.

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 am
by WebbyNZ
Paul wrote:
WebbyNZ wrote:I have not settled on a build yet, still working on another build but before I go digging maybe a mod can clarify what is and is not classed 'sci fi'
Thunderbirds?
Back to the future?
Avengers/iron man?
Gundam/Japanese anime vehicles?
Robocop?
Terminator?
Ghostbusters?
Knight rider?
I would say yes to all the above personally, non of it is real so it's sci fi
Thanks for the clarification guys :-)

Doh, so many 2 choose from now :scratch::

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 pm
by Waylander
I know its a bit of a cheek but my 7 year old son Benjamin wanted to show you all his first foray into the world of modelling. He has built this to his own design and is understandably proud of it. I am hoping that he will follow in his old dad's footsteps and become a model maker so any encouragement is extremely welcome....
Many Thanks.
IMGP1325.JPG
IMGP1326.JPG
IMGP1327.JPG

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:33 pm
by Nige201980
Wow that great my son is exactly the same always build stuff and always so proud it great.

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:24 am
by Lee
Way to go Ben.... :thumb1:

Re: All your banter here.....

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 am
by Coen
That's fantastic!
I'd hate to meet that thing an a dark ally!
Looks cool!
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: