Page 1 of 1

1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:22 pm
by conradschmid99
:welcome: To this Build
I will be building the 1:35 Trumpeter SPW 70 kit.
I will probably paint it as a Ukrainian BTR 70 captured by the Pro-Russian rebels in 2014.
Here are some reference pictures and some camo schemes I am considering
:thumb1:

Image

Image

Image

Image

And here's a video of a Pro-Russian Convoy including 2 BTR 70s

[youtube]H4GuTEF-phQ[/youtube]

Some sprue shots will follow shortly :cheers2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:26 pm
by conradschmid99
Here are some sprue shots :th:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Stay tuned for more updates :thumb2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:39 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Cool looking kit complete with PE and color instructions :) :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:10 pm
by ROBOPAUL
Oooooooooooohhh nice. Good amount of PE. Nice looking camo scheme as well.

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:24 pm
by AlkaSeltzer
kit looks great hope you use the paint scheme from your pictures I think they look better than the ones listed in the instructions. :th:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:05 pm
by conradschmid99
AlkaSeltzer wrote:kit looks great hope you use the paint scheme from your pictures I think they look better than the ones listed in the instructions. :th:
I sure will, the kit scheme is pretty boring
ROBOPAUL wrote:Oooooooooooohhh nice. Good amount of PE. Nice looking camo scheme as well.
thanks Robopaul :th:
UKguyInUSA wrote:Cool looking kit complete with PE and color instructions :) :thumb1:
Thanks, the pe and instructions were some of the main reasons I bought the kit :th:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 pm
by LudvigN
Great with such a relevant build, to think that this might be in action right now as we speak, puts things into perspective for all of us

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 pm
by conradschmid99
LudvigN wrote:Great with such a relevant build, to think that this might be in action right now as we speak, puts things into perspective for all of us
Yeah, I was watching the news and saw some of the pictures and thought that it would make a great diorama :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 pm
by Yevgeny
Cool kit, sad reality.
My mothers side of family is from the Ukraine, been there many times as a kid visiting family. Terrible that its ended up like this.

Will be following this build with interest:)

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:40 pm
by Tiger131
one classic piece of armour lots of options on the paint job with this

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:40 pm
by conradschmid99
Update 2

Thanks for all the comments guys :th:

I managed to get 3 days to work on it so her is where I am :pop:

Here's the lower hull

Image

Image

Image

Image

And here is the nicely detailed interior :thumb2:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And here it is all painted and weathered :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

So that's it for this update
I'm going to add a driver figure so that's why the seat isn't painted

Stay tuned! :cheers2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 pm
by Yevgeny
That is very fast :eeek: Good progress :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:55 pm
by Tiger131
good god man you work fast nice going

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 pm
by conradschmid99
Yevgeny wrote:That is very fast :eeek: Good progress :thumb1:
Tiger131 wrote:good god man you work fast nice going
Thanks guys, I'v got to keep up the pace because I'm planning to build a diorama for this :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:08 pm
by schweinhund227
can't wait to see more... I have this kit and I look forward to put it together...

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:07 pm
by conradschmid99
Update 3
:welcome: back!
So I managed to get 80% of the upper hull done plus the turret.
I'll start on the Diorama next update :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking! :P

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:44 am
by Coen
That is exceptionally cool work. Love that interior too. That turned out excellent.

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm
by Tiger131
superb love the look of these afvs

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:57 pm
by conradschmid99
Tiger131 wrote:superb love the look of these afvs
Coen wrote:That is exceptionally cool work. Love that interior too. That turned out excellent.
Thanks guys :thumb2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 am
by UKguyInUSA
Great work so far...she came together fast :) :thumb1: :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 am
by MarkVerploeg
Nice work so far
I like the interior a lot
The weathering in there looks great and i think that white is a harder color to work on then most so :thumb1: and keep up the good work

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Superb work at the interior :thumb2:
Great build so far, can't wait to see this into a diorama!

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:06 am
by conradschmid99
Update 4

Thanks for all the comments guys :th:

This is a Big update so grab the :pop:

I finished the building with all the PE
Image

Image

Image

Image

And here is the Priming and Painting

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

This is the Camo I chose

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And here is it with chipping

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 am
by Deacon
Wow that is looking wonderful. :clap:

Can I just ask what green you used for the base colour? I am looking to get into
building Russian AFV's and use Vallejo paints (brush painted) so any tips you could give would be appreciated.

Al

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:06 pm
by Tiger131
top work on the camo..

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm
by schweinhund227
:cheers2:

Very nice work!


some of the pictures you shared with us are from a BTR-90 the rear deck is horizontal !
the more recent they are.... the less angular they are.... at the rear... one way to diserne the
BTR-60 form the 70's and 80's

Love your work and envy to see yours completed....

I better crack on mine... as I can't hardly wait to get them done ...
the interior is spot on buddy !

Keep up the good work !

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:55 pm
by peppie
Wow, that chipping changed it instantly from a painted plastic model into a very realistic looking model :th:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm
by conradschmid99
Deacon wrote:Wow that is looking wonderful. :clap:

Can I just ask what green you used for the base colour? I am looking to get into
building Russian AFV's and use Vallejo paints (brush painted) so any tips you could give would be appreciated.

Al
Thanks!
The color is Vallejo model color Russian green
schweinhund227 wrote::cheers2:

Very nice work!


some of the pictures you shared with us are from a BTR-90 the rear deck is horizontal !
the more recent they are.... the less angular they are.... at the rear... one way to diserne the
BTR-60 form the 70's and 80's

Love your work and envy to see yours completed....

I better crack on mine... as I can't hardly wait to get them done ...
the interior is spot on buddy !

Keep up the good work !
Thanks for the tip, I didn't really know how to tell the difference, thanks :th:
Tiger131 wrote:top work on the camo..
Thanks mate :thumb2:
peppie wrote:Wow, that chipping changed it instantly from a painted plastic model into a very realistic looking model :th:
Thanks, chipping is my favorite part of weathering :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:06 pm
by schweinhund227
Very nice job in deed ! I just hope mine comes out as good when I get
a chance at building them...

:cheers2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:18 am
by Nige201980
Great work mate love everything about it buddy.

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:00 am
by JayCub
This looks like an interesting build, I wasn't up to date with the news reports, but I dolike the look of this
Tom

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:18 am
by conradschmid99
Update #3

Sorry for the delay guys, work got in the way and so on :violin:

This is a big update so grab the :pop:

First I added sandbags which I will paint later


Image

Image

And then I started the building :thumb2:

Image

Image

Here it is with paint :th:

Image

Image

Image

Image

And the white boarder and chipping

Image

Image

And... the wash

Image

Image

Image

That's it for this update 8-)

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:50 am
by conradschmid99
Update #4

:welcome: to the last big update :clap:

I really cut this one close but at least I finished
I lost a lot of pictures because the camera erased them so these are the ones I have :th:

Here is the mock up of the dio with sandpaper as asphalt

Image

Here are the figures which are actually american soldiers that I painted up in Russian gear because I could not find a modern Russian figure set :tongue:

Image

Image

Image

Here is the dio painted up with a grey pastel wash on the street :pistols:

Image

Image

Here it is with the wash dry

Image

Image

Image

Image

and here it is with all the Junk

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for following this one guys :thumb2:

See you in the next one

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 am
by Nev
Looks great mate :thumb2:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:35 pm
by MarkVerploeg
Looks great
Very nice idea
I'm off to the reveal now
Cheers Mark

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:51 pm
by Yevgeny
Looks great, and I love how you done the building.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but the Russian graffiti is incorrect. The last letter should be "Ю" not "И".
So it should be "За Россию"
Looks like it should be easy to correct.

Altogether great diorama thought :th:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:35 pm
by conradschmid99
Nev wrote:Looks great mate :thumb2:
Thanks :thumb2:
MarkVerploeg wrote:Looks great
Very nice idea
I'm off to the reveal now
Cheers Mark
Thanks for following the build :D
Yevgeny wrote:Looks great, and I love how you done the building.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but the Russian graffiti is incorrect. The last letter should be "Ю" not "И".
So it should be "За Россию"
Looks like it should be easy to correct.

Altogether great diorama thought :th:
Thank you so much
I didn't know that the graffiti was like that
I changed it just now :thumb1:

Re: 1:35 Trumpeter SPW (BTR) 70 Pro-Russian Rebels

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:34 pm
by Yevgeny
Glad to help :)