Page 1 of 1
Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:29 pm
by Jan01
I thought I would try to do another model in this SIG (along with the Elefant), so decided on this Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm).
DSC_0001_Edited.JPG
DSC_0002_Edited.JPG
DSC_0003_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 pm
by Jan01
DSC_0005_Edited.JPG
DSC_0006_Edited.JPG
DSC_0007_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 pm
by Jan01
DSC_0008_Edited.JPG
DSC_0009_Edited.JPG
DSC_0010_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:39 pm
by Jan01
DSC_0011_Edited.JPG
DSC_0012_Edited.JPG
Even though this kit comes with some PE, I wanted to add some more and also got the barrel for this too.
DSC_0013_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:41 pm
by Jan01
Must be crazy with all this PE to do
DSC_0014_Edited.JPG
DSC_0015_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 pm
by Jan01
I started with the suspension. However I will not go into detail as Coen has already done this. (The suspension is the same)
DSC_0028_Edited.JPG
DSC_0029_Edited.JPG
DSC_0030_Edited.JPG
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:05 pm
by Deacon
There is more etch for this one build than I use in a whole year!
Good luck sir.
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:48 pm
by Jan01
Thanks Deacon, I've never done so much PE before. Even though you won't be able to see it, most ot it will be on the inside.
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 pm
by Nev
Great start and a wonderful model! Your a braver man than I with all that PE

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm
by MarkVerploeg
Nice choise Jan
I wanted to build the very same kit for this sig
But i think it will be better to finish all the other started builds first
Good luck with the build and that nice little package of photo etch
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:38 pm
by Jan01
Thanks guys
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:31 pm
by JayCub
It is a shame the photo etch parts will be hidden but its part of the fun, although it has its frustrating moments too, and im looking forward to seeing more of this build
Tom
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:19 pm
by Tiger131
Love the look of this veichle
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:53 pm
by UKguyInUSA
That's a nice looking kit with the extra trimmings included

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:17 pm
by Jan01
Tonights work on the PE.
For the pedals I had to double bend (fold back on itself) to get them right.
On the steering wheel 2x small rods had to be glued on. The instructions tell you which size rod to use but doesn't say what length you have to cut them, so it was a bit of a guess.
On the bulk head I had to cut out a hole where the grill has to go.
20141104_204151(5).jpg
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm
by Tiger131
some real nice detail you got there
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:43 pm
by Russ72
Nice work so far.

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:10 pm
by Jan01
Thanks guys, its coming along slowly.
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm
by Jan01
An update, for the cannister 3 pieces of pe was required. Took about 15mins to finally get them into place.
20141106_204402(4).jpg
Started to put things into pkace inside the hull.
20141108_204632(4).jpg
20141108_204732(2).jpg
Still have more to do.
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:43 pm
by SwiftFederalYT
Looks like an awesome kit!! Perfectly detailed!
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:06 am
by Hillbilly
With all that PE this thing will be a beast! Top notch build

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:16 pm
by Deacon
Lovely work mate.

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:36 pm
by gustavlekstal
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 pm
by Jan01
Hope to have the interior finished by this weekend (work permitting)
Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:23 am
by fly1ngdutchm4n
Love all the bling Jan, coming together very nicely!

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:33 am
by Coen
I have this same kit in the stash but I have the lion roar PE sets for it. It will be interesting to see how the two sets compare. I've very used to using voyager PE. So I love the look of what you've got going on now.
It should be an excellent bit of drees up for an already cool kit.
She looks awesome so far.

Re: Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/1 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (2cm)
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:14 pm
by Jan01
Thanks guys, unfortunately I haven't done much more to it, have been concentrating on my other build for this SIG.
I will see what I can do over the next few weeks.