Page 1 of 1

The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 pm
by Lee
Image

After much cogitating and deliberation Dave, Paul and I have decided on a winner (It wasn't easy with so many quality entries). So, without further ado.....



The winner is................Johni044 with the caption "Roads? Where we're going Marty, we don't need roads!"

Johni044 wins this fab kit, which was kindly donated by Dave (5Craven)....

Image

A massive WELL DONE to Johni044 :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana:


AND



Because of the sheer amount of entries Paul and I have decided to add a runner up prize as well. ....

Our runner up is......... PhildaFish with the caption "We are not at home to Mr. Physics"

PhildaFish wins this little Revell kit, which we donated......

Image

A big WELL DONE to PhildaFish as well :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana:


Just want to say an enormous THANK YOU to every one who entered, we had great fun going through them all and because of the success, we may do another one very soon ..... :thumb1:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:10 pm
by FoxyRommel
Congratulations Jonni=44 !!!

FR

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 pm
by T3hGuppy
Well done guys!!!

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm
by Johni044
:bow:: :bow:
Thanks so very much to 5Craven for the prize, admin for setting it up and everyone who submitted captions, they've brought a smile to my face every day.

A build thread will be set up in due course.

Thanks again guys.

John

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm
by bullgill67
well done that man! :banana:

michael

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:16 pm
by Nige201980
Well done mate love the caption.

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 pm
by PhildaFish
:clap: CONGRATULATIONS JOHN! :clap: A classic quote so good that even Reagan used it; well done mate!
Then I scrolled down and saw my name in large letters and I won a prize too! :banana: FANTASTIC! :dance: I never win things! I love the look of this kit and can't wait to get stuck in! Thanks guys! :thumb1:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 pm
by 5Craven
Congratulations Johni044 :clap: and also a very well done to Phildafish you also had some great entries and also well desearve the added bonus prize :thumb1: More widely and great big thank you to all of you who joined in you definitely brought a smile to my face every time I checked back on the thread. Be on the look out for follow up competitions, Lee & Paul have more photos to test you with, I know I had a quick preview :mrgreen:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:56 pm
by Gav0909
Well done guys!

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:08 pm
by Paul
Yes well done John,plenty of great entries so well done guys.

Phil I think you deserve a prize just by the shear number of entries :nena: :banana: :cheers2: :thumb2:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:15 pm
by Bagpiper
:thumb2: :banana: :cheers2: Well done to you both.

Cheers
Jim

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 pm
by JDMMODELS
Congrats Johni044 and Phildafish

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 pm
by Radzy
Congratulations guys !! :)

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm
by hansolo
Congrats guy's! :cheers2:

p.s. Phil, nice logo! :thumb1:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 pm
by PhildaFish
:cheers2: Thanks everyone! :cheers2:
Paul wrote:...Phil I think you deserve a prize just by the shear number of entries :nena: :banana: :cheers2: :thumb2:
I went with the theory that if I fired enough bullets I'd have a better chance of hitting something! :pistols:
hansolo wrote:Congrats guy's! :cheers2:

p.s. Phil, nice logo! :thumb1:
I'm glad you like it, of all people!
(For those who don't know, Han designed and me made a set of 4 new logos for my website :thumb1: one of which is below in my signature.)

I'll take this opportunity to thank Lee and Paul and Dave again for this great competition. It made me smile every time I read a new entry, and often laugh out loud :rofl: and that in itself is priceless. :thumb1: Cheers guys! :thumb2:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 am
by Coen
Congrats Phil and John.
Well done!
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :clap:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:44 pm
by RollingThunderModels
congreats mate! great text :)

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:08 am
by Lee
Kits are packed and ready to be posted Monday lads.

Could we have a pic of you with you prize when you get them if that's OK.... :D

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:27 pm
by PhildaFish
Lee wrote:Kits are packed and ready to be posted Monday lads.

Could we have a pic of you with you prize when you get them if that's OK.... :D
Really? :shock: Don't want to scare you all! :eeek:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:37 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Congrats there.

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 pm
by Paul
PhildaFish wrote:
Lee wrote:Kits are packed and ready to be posted Monday lads.

Could we have a pic of you with you prize when you get them if that's OK.... :D
Really? :shock: Don't want to scare you all! :eeek:
Yeah it'll keep the kids away from the fireplace :thumb2:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 am
by T3hGuppy
Paul wrote:
PhildaFish wrote:
Lee wrote:Kits are packed and ready to be posted Monday lads.

Could we have a pic of you with you prize when you get them if that's OK.... :D
Really? :shock: Don't want to scare you all! :eeek:
Yeah it'll keep the kids away from the fireplace :thumb2:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm
by PhildaFish
Never thought my face would be on a health & safety poster!!!

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm
by PhildaFish
Ok, you asked for it - this is the photo my son took and wants me to post:
Image
And this is more sensible and grown up photo my wife took:
Image
Neither accurately reflects how excited I was to receive this prize! (I don't like having my picture taken, especially since my hair got scared of my forehead and started retreating!) I seldom win things and certainly nothing as cool as this! Thanks again for the competition, guys.

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:23 pm
by Lee
That's ace Phil, look forward to the build thread mate :th:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:32 pm
by 5Craven
You look pretty damn excited in the 1st photo mate! Also liking the dalek poster on the wall. Congrats once again.

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm
by PhildaFish
Well spotted! It's actually my son's, he bought it with his birthday money when we took him to the Dr Who experience in Cardiff. He realised when we got home that he had no room to put it up so I suggested it would look good in the front room where we can all enjoy it! Not sure the wife enjoys it there though...

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 pm
by Johni044
I was asked to supply a picture once I had received the Marder. Well it came a couple of weeks ago, but a combination of having a lack of photographer and being camera shy, I only just got round to it. So with apologies in advance for any damaged monitors here's

Image

me with the lovely kit which I am so grateful to have won. There's a lot of great armour being post on here at the moment and I'll do my best when I make it.

And yes, I'm a Machem sorry if it offends anyone (my wife's a Geordie though, makes things interesting at times).

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm
by 5Craven
Thanks for posting this up, really pleased your happy with your prize and I hope you enjoy the build. Nice to see your photographer managed to get into the action via the mirror!

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 pm
by Coen
:lol: Well Done John :thumb1:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:39 pm
by DC87
Well deserved John :clap:

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 pm
by Johni044
5Craven wrote:Thanks for posting this up, really pleased your happy with your prize and I hope you enjoy the build. Nice to see your photographer managed to get into the action via the mirror!
Twice actually, it's my eldest son and that's his photo on the wall as well. ;)

Re: The 5Craven Challenge - Caption Competition WINNER.....

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:08 pm
by Lee
Cheers for that John - will put it in the winners thread :th: