Page 1 of 1

ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm
by hansolo
Hi guys,

Before participating in the 6 wheels or more group build I built and partly painted a Zvezda ISU 122.
And finished painting it in between activities.
I bought it cheap at a scale model event. I thought about buying one for a while and this was my chance.
Zvezda is not the best brand and there were some fit issues, but I got it together and the painting was
good old fun as ever.

To dress her up a bit I bought this kit of soldiers:

Image

I left out the commander cause he didn't go well with my setup.
To make the rest fit I had to make some adjustments. Rip off a few arms and replace them with other arms.
After those tweaks they looked like they belonged where they were. :thumb1:

Here's a picture from before adjusting:

Image

After adjusting:

Image

In the and I took away the gun of the guy in the middle and gave him a flag. Bet he didn't like that! :lol:
But I made a real patriot out of him.

Than came the painting of the ISU:

Image

Image

I loved the striping that I saw on some ISU's and copied that:

Image

Image

And now the finished model:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

That's it folks.

cheers

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm
by Omi
Great work that not an armor modeller but I can recognise talent

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:36 pm
by JayCub
Another one of your amazing builds Han, the chain on the rear plate is brilliant, and the red flag was better than a gun even if the soldier doesn't agree.
very enjoyable build and some really nic touches
Tom

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 pm
by Panzermeister36
Awesome work! I really like the chipping on the vehicle markings and the tank riders, of course :D

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 am
by hansolo
Thanks guys!

cheers

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 am
by trekfanj
Great job, Han! :th:
The flag is a nice touch!

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
by hansolo
Panzermeister36 wrote:Awesome work! I really like the chipping on the vehicle markings and the tank riders, of course :D
The chipping on the markings were done with a sanding stick.
They are decals that would brake away in large peaces if done with a wet brush and the hairspray desolving.
This way I can keep the chips small. :thumb1:

cheers

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:18 am
by Coen
You're on fire Han!!! I haven't seen you build so much so fast before.
You're spoiling us.
This is another wonderful piece bud. Gorgeous!!!

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:31 am
by hansolo
Coen wrote:You're on fire Han!!! I haven't seen you build so much so fast before.
You're spoiling us.
This is another wonderful piece bud. Gorgeous!!!
Thanks Coen!
I guess I am kinda busy, yeah. :crazy:

cheers

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 am
by Gb64c
Nice as hell, I hope to do the white stripes on one of my pieces soon

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:08 pm
by hook1169
Nice build! Now I want one! :bash:

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:23 pm
by gustavlekstal
You done it again and I think this is my favorite. Stunning work as always.

Re: ISU 122 Zvezda 1/35 scale

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:48 pm
by trnkepfc
I like it