Page 1 of 1

Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:18 pm
by Deacon
Not sure I have got this right.

I wanted to show the tank darker than surroundings as the Panzer Grey is slightly coming through. Oh well, here it is.

Pz Rgt 8, 15 Pz Division, DAK, North Africa

Image

Cheers

Deacon

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:37 pm
by eightfooticeman
I like it a lot mate! How did you weather it?

:cheers2:

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 am
by gustavlekstal
Nice build mate!!!!

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 am
by Coen
A PzII in 76!!?? Wow that would have been hell to work on. Brave man.
Well done.

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:12 pm
by Deacon
Thanks guys. :thumb2:

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:24 pm
by Deacon
eightfooticeman wrote:I like it a lot mate! How did you weather it?

:cheers2:
Errr, I'm trying to think! :think:

The body received a sludge wash of Ultimate Weathering mud mixed with sand, but it was too light, so I put a dark dirt/light dirt on the turret.

That's why the turret looks darker. Now I think I was doing something wrong (again) as I was wiping the washes off and they started removing the base colour! Perhaps I hadn't let the Klear harden, perhaps I was too vigurous with the q-tip/kitchen towel, but the grey primer started coming through. Fortunately, the primer got tinted into a dark grey. I added some scuffing in Panzer grey and steel (sponged on) and then threw Mig Pigments Gulf War Sand, wiping most of it off. And that is it.

I bet you wished you hadn't asked now! :lol:

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:21 pm
by PaulAyrey
That's a great piece of work, particularly when it's so teeny. Well done!

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm
by Deacon
PaulAyrey wrote:That's a great piece of work, particularly when it's so teeny. Well done!
Thank you. :thumb2:

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:38 pm
by AchtungPanzer
I know this model :). Looks not bad mate .

Re: Revell/Matchbox Pz II 1:76

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 pm
by Deacon
AchtungPanzer wrote:I know this model :). Looks not bad mate .
Thank you. :)