Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post Reply
User avatar
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 am
Location: London - UK

Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by garywintin »

Good day to you dear readers.. Hope you readers having a good day and all is well with you guys.

Yes, this is the T-80 that I have been building so slowly for about 2 months. Finally took some times off to take photos of this.

I have purposely taken off the fuel drums as I think this baby looks better without them. I also took off the cables ... well.. just because. I have no reason for taking off the tow cables LOL.

For the Colours, I used Tamiya Dark Green XF-70, Vallejo Air Black and Mr. Colour Aqueous Aircraft Gray H57.

For weathering, I kept the entire vehicle clean, free of chippings and collected dust. Since this is a prototype ( according to what I have read at Armorama ), I wanted to put this in a scenario where they are testing out performance with the diesel engine on a relatively new vehicle.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co. ... on-of.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.
User avatar
SyntaxModels
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by SyntaxModels »

Looks great! I prefer a nice clean vehicle, looks nice :)
- Leo

My Motto: "Eh, that'll do, wait a minute, this is my model I can do whatever the hell I want with it! Yes that's a good excuse!"

Visit my YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKvbyv ... DwSd88cMYg
User avatar
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 am
Location: London - UK

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by garywintin »

SyntaxModels wrote:Looks great! I prefer a nice clean vehicle, looks nice :)
I enjoy making clean vehicle from time to time... It's less stressful .. LOL
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by Tiger131 »

Looking good love the camo colour its makes a nice change...and the dirt looks spot on think they need to get the pressure washer out and give it a good blast...

Top work bud
Image
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by schweinhund227 »

:cheers2: :bow:: :th:
User avatar
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 am
Location: London - UK

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by garywintin »

Thanks guys... Just sold this one one ebay for £75... not too bad I'd say.. this makes my 5th kit to be sold ... very happy now.. LOL
User avatar
Panzermeister36
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:59 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by Panzermeister36 »

"kept the entire vehicle clean" lol looks a bit muddy to me :D Awesome job on the camo pattern - I really like it! Great job on the tank :thumb2:
Unleash the DShK!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Panzermeister36

WIPs
Dragon Sd.Kfz.7/2 FlaK 37 - Adam Mann's Halbkettenfahrzeug Gruppenbau
Dragon StuG IV Early - Unarmed Snowplow Modification
Trumpeter BMP-1 w/ BTR-70 Turret
Cyberhobby Geschützwagen 38M FlaK 103/38 - "M" GB
HobbyBoss T-40
Meng T-90
Orochi M3A3 Bradley
Yevgeny
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Worthing, UK

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by Yevgeny »

garywintin wrote:Thanks guys... Just sold this one one ebay for £75... not too bad I'd say.. this makes my 5th kit to be sold ... very happy now.. LOL
Congrats :)
Tank looks great btw, love the mud. Just can see it in the winter, rolling on the test field.
Sir, we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!
------------------------------------------------
Model N1 DONE! - Tamiya 1:35 Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Sd.kfz.171 Ausf.A
Model N2 DONE! - Academy 1:72 M1126 Stryker
Working on:Trumpeter (00204)
Waiting: Meng (SS-004), Airfix (A50125), Tamiya (35068)
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by PaulAyrey »

Another first class finish Gary, looks great, love all the effects and weathering!
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Another cracking job mate! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap: :clap:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 am
Location: London - UK

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD

Post by garywintin »

PaulAyrey wrote:Another first class finish Gary, looks great, love all the effects and weathering!
UKguyInUSA wrote:Another cracking job mate! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap: :clap:
Thank you so much you guys... much appreciated
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”