Page 1 of 1

1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 pm
by Hendrix27x
Here are some pictures of the kit that I finished off a couple weeks ago. I haven't built a model car since I was probably 11 or 12 years old. Decided to take a break from doing Gundams and such, to give this kit a try since I just love GT style racers. While I think it's far from perfect...one decal placed upside down, and some other blemishes here and there...I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

Image

Image

Image

Image
My brain fart/upside down decal can be seen below
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:11 am
by Coen
Holy crow that's cool looking thing Hendrix! Wow.

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:15 am
by shortCummins
great looking car, wonderful job

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm
by UKguyInUSA
Sweet! I'd love to have the opportunity to drive one flat out to experience the rush! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap:

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 pm
by Tomtom12
Great build mate, seen this on you tube when mark webber flipped it at Le Mans

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:38 pm
by Hendrix27x
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Tomtom12 wrote:Great build mate, seen this on you tube when mark webber flipped it at Le Mans
The car that flipped at LeMans was actually the CLR, which was the follow up to this car. It was a pretty crazy deal. 2 of the 3 cars that Mercedes entered into the race flipped into the air, which resulted in them withdrawing from the race, and cancelling the program entirely.