1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post Reply
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by EagleOnyx »

Hey guys, I'm working on this Hasegawa Su-47 Berkut in Idolmaster paint scheme. There hasn't been much activity in here recently so i'm just trying to kick it into gear!

The Kit: I think this is either a Zvezda or Italeri plastic kit that was reboxed by Hasegawa with their decals and instructions. The Su-47 was just a test platform aircraft, it was unarmed and so is this kit. The plastic doesn't really have a lot of detail, the wheel wells and cockpit are extremely sparse. The clear parts are poor and distort the view pretty bad. I'm blacking out the glass anyway. The landing gear were engineered poorly on this kit; they way they mount looks very flimsy. The fit of the parts all around isn't that good and it required a lot of sanding and filler. Thankfully since there isn't much detail to the aircraft sanding everything was easy.

Here is the kit!
Image

the decals
Image

closeup
Image

ton of decals, these hearts are linked together somewhat so there aren't as many as it looks
Image

There aren't many parts so I'm already nearly done with the basica assembly
Image
Image

Primed
Image
Image

That's all for now, thanks for looking!
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: 1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by chief5437 »

Great looking jet! Not sure about the decals though, not my cup of tea. Interested to see how it turns out though, might change my mind!
Chief
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: 1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by UKguyInUSA »

It's another one of those Hippie style jets! Was this owned by the Doors? :tongue:

The wings are on backwards as well.....must have been all those acid trips from the 60's?!

Good luck mate....looking forward to seeing how she turns out :) :thumb1:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Brasko
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:25 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: 1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by Brasko »

I enjoy this series of schemes. I played Ace Combat quite a lot it was fun flying these around. I plan to build some of these as well they certainly add a little color to any collection. It's hard to find someone who actually builds these, so keep it up...build them all if you don't mind :D
User avatar
EagleOnyx
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
United States of America

Re: 1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by EagleOnyx »

Thanks man! I am really enjoying these builds myself. I learn more ways to improve whichever version is next each time I build one. So here is more progress!

Mixed up and applied the basecoat
Image

Image
Here is the first decal, it's huge! These stripes are the bottom most layer and must go on first.

Image
First decal is on the model!

Image
A bunch more installed, easy so far

Image
Image
That's what 95% of the heart decals look like. The clear film does a good job of disappearing, surprisingly.

Image
White lines installed. I should really paint these on future models. The main character decal is HUGE and it's up next!

Image
Not the most complex shape that it has to conform to but challenging nonetheless.

Image
Installed and Mr. Mark Softer applied.

Image
A little bit later, maybe an hour. This one took a long time to snuggle down.

Image
Still later and not conformed yet. It's getting there. That was the last photo I took of the decals in progress.

Image
Nearly complete! All Decals installed! Just a few minor things to accomplish remaining.

Image
Image
Image
The canards and vertical stabs are just hanging out, they are not glued yet.
Aircraft on the Sortie list: (what I'm working on now)

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and building a Huge Glass Display case
User avatar
amsvkng
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:44 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sweden

Re: 1/72 Su-47 Berkut Hasegawa

Post by amsvkng »

amazing work with those massive decals!!!
I have C.D.O

It is like O.C.D, but with the letters in the correct order.
Post Reply

Return to “Jet Aircraft”