TCP Global

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
CaptainJack
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

TCP Global

Post by CaptainJack »

Hey I got the brush and compressor. The compressor is great and has a tank. The airbrush has 3 needle sizes and quick release. This is great for priming, clear coats and varnishes. If I need a better brush I'll get a new one then. For now I am very happy. Just wanted to say thanks for the feed back.
http://www.waylowsworkshop.com/


May the Love of Christ be with you always...
...Live long and prosper
Larry48
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 am
Location: Colorado USA

Re: TCP Global

Post by Larry48 »

Very nice!!
It is a real treat when you get a compressor with a tank. I remember when I got mine. WOW what a difference!! What is that Vallejo Plastic Putty in the pic? I've not seen that before. Do you air brush it? And what is it for?

Larry48
User avatar
JohnP
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Chicago, USA
United States of America

Re: TCP Global

Post by JohnP »

Larry48 wrote:What is that Vallejo Plastic Putty in the pic? I've not seen that before. Do you air brush it? And what is it for?
It's like any other run-of-the-mill modelling putty/filler :) It just comes in the same eyedrop bottle container as their paints.
User avatar
CaptainJack
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Re: TCP Global

Post by CaptainJack »

The putty I found when working with minis and I love it. Much easier than green stuff. I really want to try Mr. Dissolve but it is on back order. I prefer brush application for gap filling. The other one I have ordered is Mr. Surfacer in all three grades.
http://www.waylowsworkshop.com/


May the Love of Christ be with you always...
...Live long and prosper
Larry48
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 am
Location: Colorado USA

Re: TCP Global

Post by Larry48 »

MR. Disolve Putty is great stuff and Mr. Surfacer is too, but they smell terrible. You will be higher than a kite if you work with it very long. I put it on the seams and then use acetone on a cotton bud to smooth it out.

Larry48
User avatar
CaptainJack
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Re: TCP Global

Post by CaptainJack »

thanks I'll try that. I have been using Vallejo Plastic putty. Mix one to one with water and you can apply it with a toothpick or an old brush. Goes on like smooth paint. I have not tried it on larger seams so I'll see how that goes. Thanks for the reply.
http://www.waylowsworkshop.com/


May the Love of Christ be with you always...
...Live long and prosper
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”