1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post Reply
User avatar
Hendrix27x
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN USA

1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by Hendrix27x »

Here are some pictures of the kit that I finished off a couple weeks ago. I haven't built a model car since I was probably 11 or 12 years old. Decided to take a break from doing Gundams and such, to give this kit a try since I just love GT style racers. While I think it's far from perfect...one decal placed upside down, and some other blemishes here and there...I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

Image

Image

Image

Image
My brain fart/upside down decal can be seen below
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by Coen »

Holy crow that's cool looking thing Hendrix! Wow.
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by shortCummins »

great looking car, wonderful job
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Sweet! I'd love to have the opportunity to drive one flat out to experience the rush! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap:
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Tomtom12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by Tomtom12 »

Great build mate, seen this on you tube when mark webber flipped it at Le Mans
.
User avatar
Hendrix27x
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN USA

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR race car

Post by Hendrix27x »

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Tomtom12 wrote:Great build mate, seen this on you tube when mark webber flipped it at Le Mans
The car that flipped at LeMans was actually the CLR, which was the follow up to this car. It was a pretty crazy deal. 2 of the 3 cars that Mercedes entered into the race flipped into the air, which resulted in them withdrawing from the race, and cancelling the program entirely.
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”