Canadian Universal Carrier

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Hey guys here one of my latest build in my workbench for now it's Tamiya's 1/35 Universal Carrier I'll be building the one served in the Canadian Army

Boxart.
Image

Contents
Image

Here is my progress so far

Image

Lot's of holes to fill
Image

Image

Image

Image

and here is 90% of the progress done need to cut out the suspension
Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
Art17847
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm
Location: smack dab in the middle of PA.......

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Art17847 »

lookin good so far....i always thought these were one of coolest lookin vehicles...got one in the stash plan on doin a desert dio with it...good luck will be following ur build
On the bench........uummmmm i dont have a bench......not yet anyway

Ike jokingly to Patton......"funny thing George every time I get a new star I get attacked"

Patton...."yes and every time you get attacked i bail you out"
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by ForbesHutton »

Image
Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Coen »

Very sweet little kit that is. I don't remember seeing CDN Markings in the box though? Did you aftermarket some?
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Thanks for the support guys :cheers2:
The kit I used provided one Canadian markings Coen here's the photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
bobbewieter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by bobbewieter »

Have that kit in my stash, I'm looking forward to how it turns out :th:
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

bobbewieter wrote:Have that kit in my stash, I'm looking forward to how it turns out :th:
Thanks :thumb1:

So I manage to do some progress on the universal carrier I need to wait for my Iwata eclipse to arrive to start on the main base colour

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by PaulAyrey »

Wonderful start, really looking forward to seeing this finished
User avatar
Unit53
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:23 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Unit53 »

This is a great kit Paul and builds up excellent. Good luck with the build, doing a great job so far.

:cheers2:
Martin
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

So I manage to make some miracle on the airbrush and was able to spray my paint. I use XF-61 Dark green for the job but i cant get the proper lighting to show you. Can you guys give some suggestion to make it nicer like how to brighten the paint job and weathering the interior and etc. I'll be bringing this kit for a competition next month so hopefully I can beat those arrogant modellers that exist

Image

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Coen »

Looks good bud. I take it that your new brush hasn't arrived yet then?
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Coen wrote:Looks good bud. I take it that your new brush hasn't arrived yet then?
The owner said he will only pass it on the month end so I have to bear with it
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Update

I manage to give it some highlights but I'm not so sure it works as this is my first time doing it. So I took the photos using flash hopefully you guys can see it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Todays update

I manage to airbrush the tracks metallic grey and both tracks snap while in the progress on putting it on so stapler to the rescue. Once that was settled I glued up the remaining bits. So now I have to weather the interior and paint up the guns , figures and etc. The rubber wheels were painted by using vallejo panzer aces new rubber

Image

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
Donkeywalloper
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: Burton upon Trent
Great Britain

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Donkeywalloper »

Great work mate, great work.
John
Bench:1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid Production with lots of Aftermarket Stuff
Completed: Vespid 1/72 Comet A10
Shelf: Lots (101 Kits of multiple scales) of Armour + couple of Flappy / Wing Things, found a KV2 95% built and primed four years ago. Plus a few Lego Tech kits, to help restore MoJo
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Been going on on this kit for a few weeks now it is coming near end yahooo.

Here are my progress so far.
Did the chipping on UC
Image

Image

Image

Image

Then... few days ago I decided to add this...
Image

Image

Image

So last night I clear coated it , Decalled it , then clear it and today morning I gave it a wash, chipped the 6 pdr then repeat the same process.
So here's the both of em look like before weathering.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Btw i broke the mirror and shall be added last
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
gustavlekstal
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by gustavlekstal »

Nice addition with the 6 pounder! Looks great
Regards Gustav

Dragon t-34/85 premium mod 44
Done! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15153&p=189978#p189978

Dragon 15cm sig33 auf pz.kpfw Ib
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10747

Jsu-152 tamiya with et modelling pe
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12313
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by Coen »

It looks excellent dude!
The 6 pnder is the perfect addition too. Well done so far.
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by UKguyInUSA »

They look awesome together....great work, mate! :) :thumb1: :thumb1: :clap: :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Thanks guys for supporting the thread. So the universal carrier is now done!! I'll post the final reveal later once I get the base done

Image

Image

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
User avatar
EasyEight96
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Malaysia
Malaysia

Re: Canadian Universal Carrier

Post by EasyEight96 »

Here's my final reveal of the Canadian Universal Carrier with a 6 pdr anti tank gun...!! Thanks Canada for your sacrifice in WWII and also your delicious maple syrup's.. yummmm

Image
In -progress

Too many on the bench!!!

Matchbox Kits lover....
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”