Hello From South Yorkshire

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Locked
User avatar
Speedwagon
Private
Private
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Doncaster
England

Hello From South Yorkshire

Post by Speedwagon »

Hi Everyone, :hi: just thought I would say hello and introduce myself, I am new to scale modelling though I did do a few kits when I was younger.
I am mainly interested in planes but I do have a Revell Type VII C/41 1:144 U-Boat calling out to me from the stash. I decided to give the model it's due respect and learn to model seriously which is when I came across Paul's fantastic tutorials on You Tube and from there to the ISM site.
I have so far learnt on an airfix 1/72 spitfire that I ended up binning because I messed up so badly. I went from that to the Tamiya 1/48 Harrier FRS-1 which drove me nuts, :crazy: although it was a nice kit and I learnt a lot from it the engine nozzles were absolute garbage and I spent hours trying to get them to look right and then get them to stay on the model without success, :wall: I ended up binning that as well. I did however get a feel for airbrushing with it and am now looking forward to starting my next project which is an Airfix 1:72 Douglas C-47 Skytrain. I am purchasing equipment as and when I can afford it so I don't know how long this will take but I am determind to see this one through.

Great Forum and You Tube Vids guys, Hopefully I will be able to contribute as I gain more experience.

Speedwagon.
"I've forgotten what I started fighting for"

On Da Bench:-

Eduard Fokker Dr.1 1/48 weekend edition
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Hello From South Yorkshire

Post by UKguyInUSA »

:welcome: to ISM, mate! :) :thumb1:

Have fun with the C-47 Skytrain, I built that kit last year and it goes together very well except for two areas that you'll need to address, unless Airfix have corrected the molds since I built mine? Those areas are the fillet sections that are fitted between the upper wing root and the fuselage sides- they are too thick to sit in flush, and so, I carefully sanded the rear side edges a bit at a time, until the parts were flush with the fuselage.
The second area is that the box artwork and the decal placement instructions sheet, shows the fuselage D-Day Stripes starting over the first of the two doors (the one nearest the cockpit end of the plane). The star and bar decals that go on top of these stripes then looks like they are hanging off the end of the stripes which I thought looked unusual. So, I looked for images of the actual plane and if you look at images of the actual craft the D-Days stripes start further towards the tail end of the plane and the stars and bars sit within the area of D-Day stripes more.

Have fun building her, she's a nice kit that looks great when completed.

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Speedwagon
Private
Private
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Doncaster
England

Re: Hello From South Yorkshire

Post by Speedwagon »

Hey Martin, I saw your you tube vid on the Dakota build and that is what inspired me to order the kit. You did a great job and I really enjoyed the series.:clap:
Thanks for the inspiration. :thumb1:

Speed
"I've forgotten what I started fighting for"

On Da Bench:-

Eduard Fokker Dr.1 1/48 weekend edition
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello From South Yorkshire

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Locked

Return to “Introductions”