1-48 B-17G Flying Fortress

Post Reply
User avatar
spock1701
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:58 pm
Location: Upstate New York
United States of America

1-48 B-17G Flying Fortress

Post by spock1701 »

This is the Revell 1-48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress kit. This was one of my more recent builds, and it was my first ever diorama. A B-17 has sustained battle damage over Germany, and has returned to base. It is being inspected by the crew and several mechanics. The P-51 on the edge of the dio is just there to fill some space.

The kit was superb. I is the most fun I have ever had building a model, part of which was the sheer size of the plane. There were few, if any kit issues. All the parts fit very well. I would recommend this kit for any air modeller. If you like air models, GET THIS KIT! :dance:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
There is always time for modeling.
User avatar
mincemeat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm
Location: MN, USA
United States of America

Re: 1-48 B-17G Flying Fortress

Post by mincemeat »

Great work! I've been avoiding Revell kits based on some previous experience, I may have to keep this beast in mind. Some day I'll be brave enough to venture into damaging a kit territory.
Current Builds
Mk. A Whippet: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=21073
Panzer IV Ausf D Buddy Build with SteveAFV: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=19653
User avatar
Danta2er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: 1-48 B-17G Flying Fortress

Post by Danta2er »

I was thinking the same thing about damaging a kit...I gotta build them normally first...lol. I like the story you're telling :)
Awaiting tools of the trade 1:32 Trumpeter Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 In the closet waiting 1:96 Revell USS Constitution 1:96 Revell 1964 Cutty Sark, H-395

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." ~ Lao Tzu
trekfanj
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
United States of America

Re: 1-48 B-17G Flying Fortress

Post by trekfanj »

Great dio! :th: :th:

I built this kit a few years ago, and the finished model is HUGE! I can only imagine how much space your diorama takes up! :jd:

Keep up the great work!
Jarod

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



On the bench
Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando Calrissian version
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”