Hello from East Tennessee!

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Oper8or
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:33 am

Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by Oper8or »

Hello everyone. My name is Stephen. I'm from a small town in East TN that is just south of Knoxville. I used to build models with my friends when I was a kid. I also play World of Tanks and play the German line. :thumb1: Since I am also part German my son bought a Tamiya Tiger 1 (early production) kit as a gift for fathers day for me.

I looked and looked for a place to get ideas from. The ideas of just throwing paint on a model and blowing it up with fireworks isn't my thing any more. I wanted to make it look good. Limited budget and a few spray cans, acrylic paint, paint brushes, and glue came from Walmart and my local hobby shop. I am almost finished with the tank. It's not like any of the awesome builds I've seen here. Not even close. I use a set of brushes and cheap rattle can clear. I've done the best I can with what I have. I'm putting the mud and dirt on next, then it is finished. I'll post a pic once its completed.

My hobbies are scattered. Four wheeling, shooting, fishing, hiking, camping, and family adventures keep me busy. With 7 kids how can I ever get bored. :crazy: Only one of them needs to graduate then my wife and I are FREE! Who am I kidding.. we already have a grandson. Anyway, I hope to be on here as much as I can but if I go "poof" for a few days or weeks don't count me out. I also do on call rotation at work which really keeps me busy that week.

BTW. I drive a tank to work everyday. Its a 89 Jeep Wrangler. Its about as fast as one too. :lol:
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by JediBoer »

:welcome: to ISM! Looking forward to see your Tiger! :th:
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Stephen :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
heel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by heel »

Welcome Stephen. I'm just over the mountain in NC.
Scorebook702
Private
Private
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: McDonough, GA USA

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by Scorebook702 »

Hello Stephen,
I have recently gotten back into the hobby myself after a 20 year lapse of not building any models. This is the place to be to learn new tips and techniques. I'm just down the road from you in GA. Happy modeling.
John

On the Bench:
1/72nd Scale Hasegawa F-8E Crusader
Oper8or
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:33 am

Re: Hello from East Tennessee!

Post by Oper8or »

Thank you everyone. I've almost completed my Tiger. I just need some mud on it. I'm looking at getting some chalks for the dusting.

Scrorebook702, it is always nice to have a neighbor. :) Are there any good shops down there with kits?
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”