Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Razorben
Private
Private
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Huissen, Gelderland, The Netherlands

Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Razorben »

Good evening fellow modellers.

How have you all been??

My name is Ben. I'm from a small city in the Netherlands called Huissen.
I'm a modeller for around 20 years. There has been a time when i did very little modelling (puberty :nena: ).
And around 4 years ago the modelling bug struck me again.

I have been a little hesitant to sign up for this forum. For the following reason.
I was signed in to a fully dutch modelling forum. But if you posted something on that forum you better know for sure that it was absolutly perfect and flawless otherwise there was a lot of critisism... And not the constructive kind...
That meant that I lost a lot of joy in building and showing my models.
Therefore I decided to leave that forum and told myself never to sign in to another forum.

Recently I found ISM and for the last few weeks I have been reading with a lot of joy all of the fantastic projects all of you have built and still are building. :thumb2:
And it was also a joy to read all the nice comments and just the general feel of camaraderie of people sharing their work!
That made me change my mind about sharing my own work. So here I am!

That is my story and history about modelling and I hope that I can share a lot of projects with you in the future! :cheers2:
- Ben
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Ben :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Welcome Ben
Just out of curiousity wich Dutch forum was it
I am Dutch aswell but i only joined ISM thanks to a few youtube builders
You won't see the critisism thing here
There are a lot of good modellers overhere and if you have a questiin there are always a few that can help you
Cheers
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM Ben.
Razorben
Private
Private
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Huissen, Gelderland, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Razorben »

MarkVerploeg wrote:Welcome Ben
Just out of curiousity wich Dutch forum was it
I am Dutch aswell but i only joined ISM thanks to a few youtube builders
You won't see the critisism thing here
There are a lot of good modellers overhere and if you have a questiin there are always a few that can help you
Cheers
Hello Mark.

The forum is Modelbrouwers. It's just that everybody there knows it better then the other.
And some new builders who just started are openly criticized there.
At least that is my opinion/feeling I had when I was on there.
- Ben
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Razorben wrote:
MarkVerploeg wrote:Welcome Ben
Just out of curiousity wich Dutch forum was it
I am Dutch aswell but i only joined ISM thanks to a few youtube builders
You won't see the critisism thing here
There are a lot of good modellers overhere and if you have a questiin there are always a few that can help you
Cheers
Hello Mark.

The forum is Modelbrouwers. It's just that everybody there knows it better then the other.
And some new builders who just started are openly criticized there.
At least that is my opinion/feeling I had when I was on there.
You won't see that kind of behaviour here
I didn't know that is the way they run things but i heared about more forums and facebook pages that have that kind of thing going on
But now for something different , there is a bunch of the dutch ISM members that will be attending the SMC in a few weeks weeks maybe you would like to go too
It is a good show and as far as i know them we are not that kind of guys
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Razorben
Private
Private
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Huissen, Gelderland, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Razorben »

Hello Mark,

Yes I know about the SCM and I really would like to go.
But at the moment my health is a bit of a worry, so I have to see day by day.
But I hope to have a good day so I can go!
- Ben
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Razorben wrote:Hello Mark,

Yes I know about the SCM and I really would like to go.
But at the moment my health is a bit of a worry, so I have to see day by day.
But I hope to have a good day so I can go!
That suck mate
I hope it goes well and maybe we will see you there
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from Huissen, The Netherlands

Post by Schoof »

:welcome: from another part of Holland
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”