1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post Reply
strawnobi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by strawnobi »

I added a few shots with the simple Diorama I made yesterday.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image













Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image






Well, here is another completed project. It's the Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.IIIa. It was a very fun build. Some thoughts on the build:

It's another Wingut Wings engineering marvel.

1. As far as fit is concerned, there were no issues. I did have to do a tiny amount of putty work on the fuselage seams. But, it was extremely minor.

2. The decals are fantastic. The lozenge decals require no setting solution. In fact it is recommended that it not be used. I did use mark setter on the edges though.

3. All rigging was done with EZ line. I made eyelets out of copper wire and glued them to the wing first. This process fought me a little bit. But it was worth the effort. I also used EZ line and copper wire on the engine for ignition wiring.

4. I used Tamiya and Mr. Color paints. The wood detail was done by streaking oil and enamel over sandy brown and then painting it clear yellow. I used the same technique on the Rumpler. It works well. But there wasn't much wood effect to worry about here. The prop was masked and painted sandy brown and Mahogany before the oil process.

5. The instructions are amazing as usual. A real lesson in history.

I would again encourage modellers to give WNW a try. It's not a beginner's kit. But, it's not rocket science either. I can tell you from years of building R/C kits (which are more difficult) that this is a very straight forward build. Give it a shot!! They are so much fun!
Last edited by strawnobi on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by Nev »

That looks amazing just wish I could afford one of those kits!! :thumb2:
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
Willem
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm
Location: Leicestershire, UK.
Great Britain

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by Willem »

Stunning.

:cheers2:
Will

"A thing of orchestrated hell- a terrible symphony of light and flame."

Edward R Murrow
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by shortCummins »

damn fine build
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
strawnobi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by strawnobi »

Nev wrote:That looks amazing just wish I could afford one of those kits!! :thumb2:
I hear ya. I'd build all of them if I could afford them AND had the space. I do really want to build the Harry Tate though. I've built the Rumpler C.IV early. Both of these kits were a blast.
strawnobi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by strawnobi »

shortCummins wrote:damn fine build
Thank you. Your Albatross is amazing too.
strawnobi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by strawnobi »

Willem wrote:Stunning.

:cheers2:
Thanks for the comment! I take a lot of inspiration however from all the great guys at ISM!!!
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Great build mate these kits look amazing quality :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
JohnHebborn
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:41 am

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Post by JohnHebborn »

Another great build fella
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”