What's the value of your stash

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

What's the value of your stash

Post by Davethepitch »

I wonder approximately how much you stash is worth.
Dave
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Stokesy44 »

Mine cannot be measured in monetary terms. Mine has psychological value based on the below metrics and their impact on my sanity

1 - why did you buy me?
2 - you've got one of me already, you IDIOT
3 - seriously?
4 - like you'll ever put me in a diorama?
5 - should have read the reviews before you bought me SUCKER
6 - stop staring at me like an adolescent teenager and put me on the bench - COWARD
7 - they saw you coming when you bought me

Probably around the £600 mark if I do a quick back of a fag packet estimate.
:cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Avgas »

About £1200. I didn't really want to know that.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
ElCapitan
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Glasgow
Scotland

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by ElCapitan »

Less than £100. I have specific interests I guess!
Rob
ElCapitan
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

retail price or what we could sell it for now !
12,000 cost to me...bought a lot when our dollar was good.
9,500 if I'm lucky
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

Some money.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Davethepitch »

digger303 wrote:retail price or what we could sell it for now !
12,000 cost to me...bought a lot when our dollar was good.
9,500 if I'm lucky
I should have mentioned I meant a personal stash.

Dave
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

These are dangerous topics, very dangerous and should never be discussed in public, especially around one's spouse
My stash is worth maybe a hundred dollars or so....
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:These are dangerous topics, very dangerous and should never be discussed in public, especially around one's spouse
My stash is worth maybe a hundred dollars or so....
Well, they were all only $10, right? Right?
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Lysus wrote:
Twokidsnosleep wrote:These are dangerous topics, very dangerous and should never be discussed in public, especially around one's spouse
My stash is worth maybe a hundred dollars or so....
Well, they were all only $10, right? Right?

'Zactly :shifty: :whistle:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
d6mst0
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 am
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by d6mst0 »

They are worth a fortune to me and it is what I plan on leaving my son when I pass on, LOL!
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:
Lysus wrote:
Twokidsnosleep wrote:These are dangerous topics, very dangerous and should never be discussed in public, especially around one's spouse
My stash is worth maybe a hundred dollars or so....
Well, they were all only $10, right? Right?

'Zactly :shifty: :whistle:
:whistle:
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Davethepitch »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:These are dangerous topics, very dangerous and should never be discussed in public, especially around one's spouse
My stash is worth maybe a hundred dollars or so....
It's like women with loads of pairs of shoes.
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Nev »

I won all mine in a competition :whistle:
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
cptgandy
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:43 pm
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by cptgandy »

My stash is worth about £60 retail because im a budget modeller and i have 3 kits which have not been started yet :)
Paul :tongue:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Paul »

Erm i estimate approx £10,000, I've got a lot of high value kits :eeek:
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

That's a heavy stash, nyuk nyuk nyuk
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Technophobe
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:08 am
Location: If you find out, please let me know
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Technophobe »

Hmmm, have recently started to catalogue my stash for insurance purposes and based upon what I paid, including kits, accessories, decals and books, just over £40,000 (said quickly, it doesn't sound that much :crazy: ), but doesn't include kits that I finished before I started to catalogue everything.

This figure also doesn't include all the paints, adhesives, brushes, airbrushes, compressor, extractor fan, various tools including drills, punches, pliers, sanders, scratch building plastics etc...

Also not included are the magazines, which included complete sets of SAM, SAMI, Model Airplane International plus most of the Model Aircraft Monthly, Airfix Magazine (the original series before the current release) so would guess the final figure may be approaching £50K.

Still it keeps me at home, off the streets and out of the pub, well that's what I tell SWTSSBO :nena:
...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugger all, down here on Earth!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

Another dangerous thought once built value is nil zero ...zilch . Maybe that's why I'm such a slow builder.... :crazy:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by SergioSolo »

Oh, no... The forbidden question!
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

Never even gave insurance a thought...until now. Wonder if the insurance companies would accept scalemates as proof if a claim was made. I'll have to slowly mull this all over.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Johnj »

Defo £1000's dave. I wouldnt want my daughter to find out or i might find myself flung down a set of stairs or something.
She has already told me they will be on ebay before that curtain closes in the crematorium when my time comes.
20161204_184421_zpsmiuffih6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

Unbuilt kit stash £1.5K+, but for insurance purposes I'd have to add another £2K for all the modelling related equipment in my den too.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lee »

I would say with my two recent additions, which make up 40%, I would say about £2,000 a But don't tell the missus :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

Lee wrote:I would say with my two recent additions, which make up 40%, I would say about £2,000 a But don't tell the missus :)
yes the value kind of creeps up on you over the years and before long it's up there in the realms of ....REALLY that much... :oops:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Technophobe
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:08 am
Location: If you find out, please let me know
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Technophobe »

digger303 wrote:Never even gave insurance a thought...until now. Wonder if the insurance companies would accept scalemates as proof if a claim was made. I'll have to slowly mull this all over.
I hadn't given it much thought either until our contents insurance was due and when asked if we had any significant value items, looking around my office at all the kits, the penny dropped, although the stash is still not insured as I am waiting until I have everything logged first.

As for Scalemates, I would say that the insurance companies would not accept this as proof, for one thing Scalemates doesn't show any prices or allow you to enter a price, so I've been using Kitbase by Suisoft and can highly recommend it!

I am also unsure if the kits would be covered under a normal contents insurance policy but haven't looked fully into this yet

I've also kept almost every invoice I've received as well as all emails, a bit anal but hopefully this should cover me, in the event of any loss.

Wonder if I can get "Accidental Damage" on the policy ? :twisted:
...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugger all, down here on Earth!
User avatar
AdamLuscombe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Location: texas
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by AdamLuscombe »

Mines probably about £130 worth, and it is growing quickly...
On the bench:
Dragon
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/48
Italeri
1/24 Ford Escort Mk. II
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

Technophobe wrote:
digger303 wrote:Never even gave insurance a thought...until now. Wonder if the insurance companies would accept scalemates as proof if a claim was made. I'll have to slowly mull this all over.
I hadn't given it much thought either until our contents insurance was due and when asked if we had any significant value items, looking around my office at all the kits, the penny dropped, although the stash is still not insured as I am waiting until I have everything logged first.

As for Scalemates, I would say that the insurance companies would not accept this as proof, for one thing Scalemates doesn't show any prices or allow you to enter a price, so I've been using Kitbase by Suisoft and can highly recommend it!

I am also unsure if the kits would be covered under a normal contents insurance policy but haven't looked fully into this yet

I've also kept almost every invoice I've received as well as all emails, a bit anal but hopefully this should cover me, in the event of any loss.

Wonder if I can get "Accidental Damage" on the policy ? :twisted:
Logging is good, but also take a video and name each item and value, then store it in a couple places (thumb drive, Google drive, etc.)

Easy way to demonstrate what was there and nigh impossible to be destroyed in a fire ;)
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

Technophobe wrote:
digger303 wrote:Never even gave insurance a thought...until now. Wonder if the insurance companies would accept scalemates as proof if a claim was made. I'll have to slowly mull this all over.
I hadn't given it much thought either until our contents insurance was due and when asked if we had any significant value items, looking around my office at all the kits, the penny dropped, although the stash is still not insured as I am waiting until I have everything logged first.

As for Scalemates, I would say that the insurance companies would not accept this as proof, for one thing Scalemates doesn't show any prices or allow you to enter a price, so I've been using Kitbase by Suisoft and can highly recommend it!

I am also unsure if the kits would be covered under a normal contents insurance policy but haven't looked fully into this yet

I've also kept almost every invoice I've received as well as all emails, a bit anal but hopefully this should cover me, in the event of any loss.

Wonder if I can get "Accidental Damage" on the policy ? :twisted:
scalemates does let you enter a price, a date for purchase and even where you have it stored.
For me if the house burnt down I would lose any paper records plus the computer.
Photo's would seem the way to go and store them on the cloud.
:cheers2:

Johnj ....least your daughters honest and straight forward. Nice to know where you stand... :lol: . Mine would be the same I suspect.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Johnj
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow.
Scotland

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Johnj »

Lol, yeah, brutaly honest i'm afraid !
Money is'nt everything but it sure keep's the kid's in touch.
gazmat
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: UK
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by gazmat »

Hi John. :hi: ..Think mines probably in the region of about £1500-£2000, but a lot more because of ancillaries...Cheaper that a lot of hobbies, I have had in the past. :whistle:
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Plopper »

I only have two kits in mine at the moment, two Tamiya bikes, but I did pay over the odds for them so about £60. That figure will probably never grow much above that as I always buy a kit to start within a week or two, as I come to the end of one I start thinking about another or do some scratch building or papercraft. As for all the other stuff that comes with the stash!!! Probably around £1000 for the shed and all the equipment in it!
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
User avatar
TheTroyster
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by TheTroyster »

Nobody would want the stuff in my stash - too strange - so Ill put the value at Zero - although I have dropped over $200 US dollars on all the stuff.
Troy :violin:
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by burnie43 »

now how could I put a price on my stash.......cause it grows DAILY.....!!
I have tried selling it off but after a few go I just replace them again....so I won't go down the selling road again...
mind you I can never get the selling price that I seem to have to pay when I'm buying !!!
M
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
Technophobe
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:08 am
Location: If you find out, please let me know
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Technophobe »

digger303 wrote: Scalemates does let you enter a price, a date for purchase and even where you have it stored.
For me if the house burnt down I would lose any paper records plus the computer.
Photo's would seem the way to go and store them on the cloud.
:cheers2
Never knew that, I've got an account on Scalemates and never saw an option to enter pricing must have been too technical :lol: (guess my pseudonym is accurate :thumb1: ) but more likely, I just haven't looked for long enough or got bored doing so :crazy:

I'll pop over to Stashmates and browse a little bit harder but as fo using Kitbase, it is always backed up to my iCloud and I'm fortunate enough to have storage facilities away from the house, so that my paper records are safe although I appreciate that this option is not available to all.
...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugger all, down here on Earth!
User avatar
ScaleModelJedi
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:47 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by ScaleModelJedi »

After having a look trough mine I roughly estimate it's worth about £6,000. Quite scary astuff this time last year I was only just buying my first kit. :crazy:
There are no failed builds only learning experiences.
MY Youtube channel : Scale Model Jedi
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSk5py ... taceCr3_3g
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Simon6483 wrote:After having a look trough mine I roughly estimate it's worth about £6,000. Quite scary astuff this time last year I was only just buying my first kit. :crazy:
What :jd: oh my god I thought I was bad at just over £500, woo-ho I'm not bad at all, I can get some more :banana: :banana: :banana: :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Nev »

Kevthemodeller wrote:
Simon6483 wrote:After having a look trough mine I roughly estimate it's worth about £6,000. Quite scary astuff this time last year I was only just buying my first kit. :crazy:
What :jd: oh my god I thought I was bad at just over £500, woo-ho I'm not bad at all, I can get some more :banana: :banana: :banana: :th:

Me too £1,600 quid over 3 years doesn't feel so bad now :ooops: don't tell my wife :tongue:
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by digger303 »

Technophobe wrote:
digger303 wrote: Scalemates does let you enter a price, a date for purchase and even where you have it stored.
For me if the house burnt down I would lose any paper records plus the computer.
Photo's would seem the way to go and store them on the cloud.
:cheers2
Never knew that, I've got an account on Scalemates and never saw an option to enter pricing must have been too technical :lol: (guess my pseudonym is accurate :thumb1: ) but more likely, I just haven't looked for long enough or got bored doing so :crazy:

I'll pop over to Stashmates and browse a little bit harder but as fo using Kitbase, it is always backed up to my iCloud and I'm fortunate enough to have storage facilities away from the house, so that my paper records are safe although I appreciate that this option is not available to all.
you have to click on the green square with a plus sign in it. That will bring up a small menu also clickable. :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
privatepete
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by privatepete »

Nev wrote:
Kevthemodeller wrote:
Simon6483 wrote:After having a look trough mine I roughly estimate it's worth about £6,000. Quite scary astuff this time last year I was only just buying my first kit. :crazy:
What :jd: oh my god I thought I was bad at just over £500, woo-ho I'm not bad at all, I can get some more :banana: :banana: :banana: :th:

Me too £1,600 quid over 3 years doesn't feel so bad now :ooops: don't tell my wife :tongue:
Hi Mike, I'm open to bribery £££££ and remember I known where you live ,I think things are looking up in the prezzie department don't you? :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Nev »

privatepete wrote:
Nev wrote:
Kevthemodeller wrote:
What :jd: oh my god I thought I was bad at just over £500, woo-ho I'm not bad at all, I can get some more :banana: :banana: :banana: :th:

Me too £1,600 quid over 3 years doesn't feel so bad now :ooops: don't tell my wife :tongue:
Hi Mike, I'm open to bribery £££££ and remember I known where you live ,I think things are looking up in the prezzie department don't you? :lol: :lol:
:bow:: :lol:
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Lysus »

Kevthemodeller wrote:
Simon6483 wrote:After having a look trough mine I roughly estimate it's worth about £6,000. Quite scary astuff this time last year I was only just buying my first kit. :crazy:
What :jd: oh my god I thought I was bad at just over £500, woo-ho I'm not bad at all, I can get some more :banana: :banana: :banana: :th:
That's some sound reasoning. I agree!
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Davethepitch »

It is surprising how much money can be spent on a hobby especially when buying the tools and paints to do the build.
User avatar
Willem
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm
Location: Leicestershire, UK.
Great Britain

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by Willem »

It's a funny question. I did start thinking about valuing up my stash but then I realised that, to me, it is priceless.

Some kits may get moved on and some may get started then binned but it represents my happy place and a little bit of sanity.

:cheers2:
Will

"A thing of orchestrated hell- a terrible symphony of light and flame."

Edward R Murrow
User avatar
SteelScooter
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:43 am
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
England

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by SteelScooter »

About £15,000 ($19,000) but probably quite a bit more @RRP for insurance purposes. I have 76 Dragon armour kits alone at the moment with Hobby Boss (91), Trumpeter (88), Tamiya (74), MiniArt (42), Eduard (32) being the other heavy hitters. I only have 14 Meng kits though which makes me sad. :cry:

Before health problems I was heavily into Motorcycles and had 4 in the garage at one point so modelling is a relatively cheap pastime compared to that. :think:

:cheers2:
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Scalemates: http://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate ... 08&p=stash
CraigPetterson
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 am
Contact:
Scotland

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by CraigPetterson »

As a returner to the hobby I reckon about £65-£70.
On the Bench
Still deciding....
Stash
Eduard 1/48 Bf 109E-4
:cheers2:
HIghAltitudeScale
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 am
United States of America

Re: What's the value of your stash

Post by HIghAltitudeScale »

Emotionally and for all i get out of it, the value of my stash is priceless
Cheers,
Bret aka: High Altitude Scale Models
thetechcowboy.com
youtube-High Altitude Scale Modeling

Current build;
1/72 Airfix B-17G
1/48 Hobby Boss Bearcat
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”