Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry. AND I'M OUT (SEE post #9)

A more specific group build
Post Reply
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry. AND I'M OUT (SEE post #9)

Post by ForbesHutton »

As some of you may have noticed, I've managed to stick with 1/35 scale since my return to the hobby (when I get around to airplanes again they will all be 1/72).
Since the SIG starts in just over 3 weeks (yes, it's that soon!) I had a look around for some ideas, and:

Image

That's the "real" one, but the make a 1/35 kit! :banana:

For those who don't know, it's the Landmaster from Damnation Alley.

Image

Image

It seems the kit has a partial interior and the rear ramp can be open:

Image

Image

The seller: https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/s ... ngd5h5u9v0

The same guys list it on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Landmaster-1-De ... SwPhdVJDnw

Looks like a busy new year, with the "Winter is coming" GB running at the same time, and I already have:

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by SergioSolo »

Wow! I've never seen it before, but it looks amazing!
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by Lee »

Loved that film! Awesome choice.... :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by Lysus »

Getting my popcorn ready early. Really glad this SiG made it in, I expect some wild stuff.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
NorthernModeller
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:
England

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by NorthernModeller »

ooooooo i really like this
SAMI Magazine, Model aircraft and Tamiya Model Magazine contributor
PrivatePublic
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:45 pm
Location: Kiwiland
New Zealand

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by PrivatePublic »

I'm curious how that wheel arrangement is meant to work. I find it funny post apoc stuff is always so impractical, not that that's a problem.
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by ForbesHutton »

PrivatePublic wrote:I'm curious how that wheel arrangement is meant to work. I find it funny post apoc stuff is always so impractical, not that that's a problem.
The designer discusses the wheels at 3:22

[youtube]26n3RsXNyKE[/youtube]

Or see at at 0:33, 1:36, 1:45 and paddle-wheeling at 6:32

[youtube]ZZYT2nYd46o[/youtube]

Image
Image
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by Lysus »

Quit posting interesting stuff when I should be working.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry.

Post by ForbesHutton »

So I finally had some time to take a good look at the kit, and I'm out of the SIG.
In case you don't go over to youtube to watch, my comments in the description were:
AVOID THIS STEAMING PILE OF SH@# LIKE A BLOW@#B FROM A DISEASED SHARKED TOOTHED HOOKER WITH A OVERACTIVE GAG REFLEX AND INTERMITTENT LOCKJAW.
Yes, it's that bad. Monsters-in-Motion should crawl under a rock and die of shame for producing this. BTW this resin abortion costs $125usd.
The video is salty too:
[youtube]FfnRvZjv8oo[/youtube]
Image
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry. AND I'M OUT (SEE post #9)

Post by Lee »

That's a real shame mate, I was looking forward to this one!

If you paid via PayPal, start a dispute then contact the company, that piece of resin is atrocious!
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Astaroth
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Germany

Re: Ordered my "The end is Nigh" entry. AND I'M OUT (SEE post #9)

Post by Astaroth »

Oh my god. They should be embarrassed to ship a kit like that. It seems those molds have seen their best times a long while ago.

I really hope you get your money back.
Post Reply

Return to “Special Interest Group Builds (SiGs)”