Eduard 1/48 YAK-3 Weekend Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
NorthernModeller
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:
England

Eduard 1/48 YAK-3 Weekend Edition

Post by NorthernModeller »

So I have decided to start this kit. After watching Plasmo on youtube do a great build of it I had to grab myself one. I also want to point out that this is Eduards kit, this is not the rebox of the accurate miniatures yak. The Limited edition Yak-1b is the rebox.

The kit appears to be nice and basic with only 2 sprues, a clear sprue and only 2 decal schemes, this is one of the nice features of weekend edition kits.

Image

The cockpit is shall we say, Basic. it is made of only 5 parts and you can slap both top and bottom halves of the wings together from step One. I have primed the cockpit and interior of the fuselage in Ultimate black primer

Image

Image

I got a little carried away and got the cockpit all painted, weathered and put together. I painted it in (incorrect) Mr hobby aqueous H317 Grey FS36231. I also show the products that I will be using through the build including the paints, thinner, cleaner and Primer. I also had to use the "cartoon like" decal for the seat harness.

Image

Image
SAMI Magazine, Model aircraft and Tamiya Model Magazine contributor
User avatar
NorthernModeller
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:
England

Re: Eduard 1/48 YAK-3 Weekend Edition

Post by NorthernModeller »

Tonight I got the Yak primed. It has been great to build as there were not many parts and there was also not much need for sanding or filling. I used the Ultimate Apex airbrush and the Ultimate black primer and it never fails to get a perfect finish.

Image\\

Image
SAMI Magazine, Model aircraft and Tamiya Model Magazine contributor
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Eduard 1/48 YAK-3 Weekend Edition

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Nice job! I think the cockpit looks quite true to life in my opinion :)
James
paulr
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Eduard 1/48 YAK-3 Weekend Edition

Post by paulr »

I've got the Yak-1b (Limited Edition, PE, masks, usual goodies). I shall be watching this..
Post Reply

Return to “Prop Aircraft”