Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post Reply
wardsmodelbuilder
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 am
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Contact:
England

Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by wardsmodelbuilder »

Something a little different, i've been lucky enough to have been asked by a client to build a 1/72 Revell Master Series Millennium Falcon. Not my usual build but being a big Star Wars fan I'm very much looking forward to it. Going to be using the Fast Tramp freighter lighting kit by Madman Lighting inc, with a remote power supply and a photo etched set by Para Grafix.

Image
Image
wardsmodelbuilder
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 am
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by wardsmodelbuilder »

Here is the first update on the Falcon build, started work on the photo etched cockpit, fitted the parts of the kit of the main cockpit section. I have painted those areas of the model, along with the dish. I'm happy with the method of painting I have chosen as a base, and later when the build is fully complete I will add the weathering.

Image

Moved on to building up the upper part of the main hull with the many pieces of this kit that need to be added.

Image

and the centre cannon section which fits into the upper hull centre section.

Image

I have also built up one of the landing gear, using the photo etched pieces.

Image

The photo etched kit is going to add a lot of good extra detail to this model, and will be a very nice touch.

Thanks
wardsmodelbuilder
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 am
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by wardsmodelbuilder »

Here is an update on the Falcon build I am currently working on. I now have most of the top hul section complete, work has now moved on to the lower hull section. I have also now started to work out the lighting kit set up and have installed the flat head blue engine LEDs. 
Image
Image
Image

I will now get onto painting the upper hull sections. 



Thanks
wardsmodelbuilder
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 am
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by wardsmodelbuilder »

Now I have got both the upper and lower hulls finished in terms of adding all the parts, I have now begun to paint them both.

Image
Image

Once this in complete I will be able to install all the wiring for the light set into the lower hull ready for them to go together.

Chris
www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
wardsmodelbuilder@outlook.com
wardsmodelbuilder
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 am
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by wardsmodelbuilder »

Here are some photos of the finished model, apologies for skipping ahead in the build I have just been so busy to update my threads.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

all in all i'm very happy with the finished model, as I said at the beginning this is quite a different build for me but it worked out well. I would highly recommend this kit and detail set up to anyone considering this model.

Thanks
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Post by digger303 »

I'm happy your happy, it's a great looking Falcon. :bow:: :bow:: :th: :cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Sci-fi Gallery”