Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Cars, trucks and bikes
Post Reply
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Whilst still working on the Tamiya 1-350 Yamato, I decided to try my at something completely different for me. This is what I will be making a start on shortly. Will have more shortly.....Cheer Mark

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Nice choice, looking forward to it
:pop:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
barryf1fan
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: Prev OK, now St. Cloud, FL
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by barryf1fan »

Ready fo' the show! :dance:
All of us get lost in the darkness, Dreamers learn to steer by the stars,
All of us do time in the gutter, Dreamers turn to look at the cars.

On the Bench: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3 x2 - Flying Lizard 2011 GT3 cars, #80 & #81
Up Next: 1/20 Tamiya McLaren MP4/5 F1
User avatar
Bdiddy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Bdiddy »

nice choice mate, looking forward to seeing the progress :cheers2:
Jesse

Current build: 1/24 Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Next build: :scratch::
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Thanks for the kind Words Gents. Have made a start. The Cowling and Seat/Fuel Tank are now together. Needed some Mr Surfacer 1000 to fill some Seams along with some Sanding. Will have some more soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

The Frame, Engine and the Exhausts are now together awaiting priming. Will have some more soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

All main Components are now ready for their Base Primer Coat. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

The Cowling, Frame and Engine are basically complete. Am not really that happy with the Cowling. Not used to working with large and complex Decals being a Ship Modeller. Still it is a learning Project for me. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by BigWall »

Looks like it's coming along nicely!
Joe

Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Fairings look awesome
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by LWWales »

Looking great mate! I got a part started one of these on eBay for super cheap. The decals were not fun :lol:
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Thanks Gents. Not at all happy with the Cowling and the Decals. Decided to strip the whole Cowling and start again. Am going to do the Wayne Gardner Machine from Decalpool designed for this Kit. In the meantime, after a half hour struggle, the Engine is now mounted and plumbed to the Frame. The Chain and Sprocket Assembly along with the Main Brake Discs have now painted awaiting some weathering. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
Hawkmoon
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:19 pm
England

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Hawkmoon »

:th: :th: Looking good and coming together nicely :thumb2: :thumb2:
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Hawkmoon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 am :th: :th: Looking good and coming together nicely :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thanks for the comments Mate much appreciated.....Cheers Mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Ok have been still working on this one even though slaved for a fortnight at work. The Rear Swing-Arm is completed and attached to the Frame. Have also mounted the Exhausts and worked on the front Forks. Will have some more soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
ryan81
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:42 am
Location: Wellington, NZ
New Zealand

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by ryan81 »

Nicely done so far, looking forward to the finished beast. Or beauty. Or both :cheers2:
On the bench:
Tamiya Ferrari F189 1/20
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by BigWall »

Very nice. Looks like y our making good progress.
Joe

Image
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

ryan81 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:57 am Nicely done so far, looking forward to the finished beast. Or beauty. Or both :cheers2:
Thanks Mate. The Build is stalled ATM while I wait for the replacement Decals from Studio 27. I am going to build her as the Mount of Wayne Gardner.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

BigWall wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:31 pm Very nice. Looks like y our making good progress.
Thanks Mate. A very enjoyable Build so far but as mentioned above she is stalled at the moment til I get the new Decals.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Coming along very nicely :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Thanks Kev. Finally after a 3 Week wait the Decals finally arrived from the Czech Republic. Will be able to get a move on now.....Cheers mark

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

After the hassles I had with the Kit Decals. The Cowling and Seat/Tank assembly were stripped of Paint and Decals ready for another go. I used Tamiya TS Sprays for the Paint and they worked like a charm. These are the sections Painted and ready for the Decals. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

The Decals are now done. The Studio 27 Decals were a joy to work with compared to the Kit ones. Made 1 or 2 Errors but generally very happy with the outcome.....Cheers mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
newjerseydamo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:12 am
Contact:
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by newjerseydamo »

Those fairings look beautiful! Nice work on the bike :)

I'll be doing a Doohan 1999 NSR500 in the coming months.
On the bench: Tamiya 1/24 Porsche Turbo RSR Type 934 Jägermeister (24328) - Group Build
Next Build: Tamiya Yamaha YZR-M1 '04 (14100)
pg265
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:09 pm
France

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by pg265 »

Hi,

Awesome!

Pascal
#WeAreAviation

I’d rather be flying!
User avatar
LWWales
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Wales

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by LWWales »

Those decals look great mate! Great choice on the Rothmans livery.
Previously on the bench: Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 - Top Studio super detail set.

Current build: Tamiya 1/12 Honda VF750R & Hobby Design set
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Lovely paint and decaling work :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

newjerseydamo wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 am Those fairings look beautiful! Nice work on the bike :)

I'll be doing a Doohan 1999 NSR500 in the coming months.
Thanks Mate. Look forward to seeing your Build.....Cheers Mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

pg265 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 am Hi,

Awesome!

Pascal
Thanks for dropping in my Friend.....Cheers Mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

LWWales wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:33 pm Those decals look great mate! Great choice on the Rothmans livery.
Thanks Mate I appreciate the comments. The Livery just seems to fit this Bike perfectly.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:41 pm Lovely paint and decaling work :th:
Thanks for the comments my Friend much appreciated.....Cheers mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

OK the Cowling and the Fuel/Seat are now onboard. Not much more to add to this one. Am very happy so far. First proper Bike Build in over 30 Years.....Cheers Mark

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Looking really good, finishing touches to go :th: :banana:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by BigWall »

It's looking really good. Great job. I love that livery and cant wait to see it wrapped up.
Joe

Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Great job, getting very close
She needs a proper stand, otherwise she is just a ‘leaner’ ;)
Re read through entire thread, some solid modelling. Love the Rothmans’ livery
:th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by surfsup »

Thanks for the comments Gents much appreciated.
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
AlbertD
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:18 am
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by AlbertD »

That's a nice looking bike. You did a great job on the decals and clearcoat.
User avatar
Kruppstahl
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:03 am
United States of America

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Kruppstahl »

The bike looks absolutely fantastic!

Earlier in the thread, I was going to comment on the initial cowling decal work as you said you weren't happy with it...then I saw that you decided to go at it a second time.

Night and day difference and yes, old Tamiya decals are no fun!

I also applaud you for mixing it up a bit and stepping outside the comfort zone of 1/350 ship building.

I have no idea how some modelers only do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again.

There is so much interesting stuff out there to be modeled, and you learn new types of skills for each genre you attack! And those skills can improve the quality of your main niche when you get back to it!

These 1/12 Tamiya bike kits are some of the most fun you can have in modeling.

Keep going!

:cheers2:
User avatar
Casper
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 pm
Location: North Wales
Wales

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by Casper »

Great looking build, nice work on the Rothmans decals, they are so much better than the kit ones. I have started this last week but its still in its early stages
:clap: :) casper
Image
on the bench : VW Barn find, Bentley Blower, Yamaha YZF-R1M, Harley Davidson WLA 750. Tron Light Cycle Trio
MBB Design© Mini Bike Bench©
User avatar
RangerNeil
Major
Major
Posts: 4745
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Location: Dagenham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya Honda NSR 500

Post by RangerNeil »

Impressive leap from ships to two wheels. And an excellent decision in switching liveries. Well done!!
    Neil (yet another one...)

    On the board now:

    Airfix 1/35 Alvis Stalwart Mk2 FV622
    Hasegawa 1/48 A8 Crusader

    Scalemates stash info
    =58417&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=58417-Stash&page=stash]Scalemates Stash manager
    Post Reply

    Return to “Road Vehicles”