Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post Reply
Garion77
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: Terrebonne, QC, Canada
Canada

Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by Garion77 »

Hello everyone,
this is my first modern aircraft build. The details on the kit are pretty simplistic. Mostly for the engine and ejection seat. I'm just at the beginning of the build and I'm posting this to get opinions on something I tried to get a bit more details in the reactor.
As you can see with the following picture this what the real one looks like :
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr

So I'm trying to replicate that. I use construction paper that my son uses for his craft projects. I folded strips and glued them to the cylinder. Then painted them. So I want to know if others think it looks ok or not...I think for sure it's out of scale a bit but makes it look better. Hope to get a lot of feedback, positive or negative.

ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
ImageSans titre by Francis Pare, sur Flickr
Francis

Image


At the bench
Tamiya's 1/72 F-16 and 1/48 Skyraider
ForeverPlasticKits
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Location: France
France

Re: Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by ForeverPlasticKits »

Better than the original hole, of course but ... the strips must to be range, thinner and lay on top of each other. Aluminum foil gives good result if it's thick enough. And the color is good. :thumb2:
Garion77
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: Terrebonne, QC, Canada
Canada

Re: Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by Garion77 »

ForeverPlasticKits wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 pm Better than the original hole, of course but ... the strips must to be range, thinner and lay on top of each other. Aluminum foil gives good result if it's thick enough. And the color is good. :thumb2:
it's true I forgot to put them on top of each other ! realized after reading your comment. Que veux tu dire par "range" ? venant de la France je présume tu parles français...
Francis

Image


At the bench
Tamiya's 1/72 F-16 and 1/48 Skyraider
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by BigWall »

My first thought was tin foil as well. Otherwise, I think you're headed in the right direction.
Joe

Image
ForeverPlasticKits
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Location: France
France

Re: Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by ForeverPlasticKits »

Garion77 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm
ForeverPlasticKits wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 pm Better than the original hole, of course but ... the strips must to be range, thinner and lay on top of each other. Aluminum foil gives good result if it's thick enough. And the color is good. :thumb2:
it's true I forgot to put them on top of each other ! realized after reading your comment. Que veux tu dire par "range" ? venant de la France je présume tu parles français...

En effet, en fait les éléments doivent être alignés comme sur la photo, les crêtes sont bord à bord. :thumb1:
Last edited by ForeverPlasticKits on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Eduard Mirage IIICJ 1-48

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

[Superb idea right out of the gate
Minor adjustments and it will be perfect
:th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Jet Aircraft”