New BBCode - Group

The latest forum news and anouncements
Post Reply
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

New BBCode - Group

Post by bfrd »

I created a new BBCode called Group. It is a clone of the "Off Topic" feature, but you can control the heading. You can use it to "group" content.

Here is an example.
This is my heading
This is some content
This is my other heading
This is some different content.
  • List Items
  • List Items
  • List Items
Even Images...
Image
heading
Nested 1
You can nest them as well
Nested 1
Possibilites are nearly endless
Hopefully, you will find this addition useful in organizing your post content!
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: New BBCode - Group

Post by Tomcat64 »

That looks interesting... going to need to have a play to see how it works I think...

So would one idea be to keep the banter in a build thread under a separate heading to the actual build for example?
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
bfrd
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: New BBCode - Group

Post by bfrd »

Tomcat64 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:43 pm That looks interesting... going to need to have a play to see how it works I think...

So would one idea be to keep the banter in a build thread under a separate heading to the actual build for example?
No, it can't cross posts. I can only be used inside of a single post by a single author.
Matthew (or Bifford if you prefer)
Stash
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: New BBCode - Group

Post by Tomcat64 »

bfrd wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Tomcat64 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:43 pm That looks interesting... going to need to have a play to see how it works I think...

So would one idea be to keep the banter in a build thread under a separate heading to the actual build for example?
No, it can't cross posts. I can only be used inside of a single post by a single author.
Ah ok - understand, so in an intro post for a thread we could separate out the background from the kit intro... will give that a go

[Edit] For anyone interested in seeing how this works I've just updated the intro post for my Desert GB build here so I've got the background in one group heading and the kit under another.
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: New BBCode - Group

Post by BigWall »

So, would one then just edit their post to add additional content? I apologize, I've become technologically insufficient in my doddery. :scratch:: :D :scratch::
Joe

Image
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: New BBCode - Group

Post by aur0ra145 »

I like it!
Post Reply

Return to “Forum News”