1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post Reply
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by shortCummins »

Image

This is my effort of building a 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights kit.

For some time I’ve been keen to build a kit from this genre, the main thing that stopped me was the lack of availability here in the UK, the main site for them was eBay however the price of these kits could be exorbitant, for instance I’ve seen this kit for over £100! The other option is to buy the kit from Japan, often the kit price is reasonable however the “shipping” would often be more expensive than the cost of the kit. I came across a Japanese? website “plastic-model-republic” that provide the kits, at a reasonable price, and offer free worldwide transport. They provide a variety of kits some are “2nd hand”, mine came in an unopened box and was in perfect condition and cost around £30 delivered to my door within two weeks.

Anywho, this has been one of the most enjoyable builds I’ve ever done, I’m now looking for another Ma.K subject, I’m not sure if it will be another armoured suit, robot or vehicle, but I’m going to build something in the not too distant future!

The pilot figure is a kit supplied figure that has been amended, cut in half and arms repositioned.

1:20 is an interesting scale giving plenty of opportunity to attempt some quite subtle weathering.

Here’s the photos…
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


until next time
as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.
rgds
John(shortCummins)
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
Garion77
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: Terrebonne, QC, Canada
Canada

Re: 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by Garion77 »

Nice job ! Those kits are fun because you can let go your imagination a bit more ! you nailed it !
I understand ! it's the same for me for those types of kit. Really hard to find as a lot of things for our hobby. And now, it's getting worst ... I can't even get mr leveling thinner anymore. Always out of stock for the last year. And the same for lots of enamel products. And it can only get worst with dear mr. trump.
Francis

Image


At the bench
Tamiya's 1/72 F-16 and 1/48 Skyraider
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Those are cool.
Like modern robots knights of old
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by digger303 »

Good work
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by shortCummins »

thanks chaps

it was a really enjoyable build and certainly won't be my last

rgds
John(shortCummins)
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: 1:20 Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Mk44 Ammoknights

Post by Stokesy44 »

Beautiful paint job :clap: :clap:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
Post Reply

Return to “Sci-fi Gallery”