Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post Reply
User avatar
cor
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sun May 23, 2021 10:34 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Australia

Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by cor »

Suzuki Katana GSX1100
A cool bike

OOB build except for a few decals and the connectors on the oil cooler. Kit included custum tuned parts - suspension, exhaust, oil cooler, brakes

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by digger303 »

So many awesome builds.
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Very nice, like the aftermarket oil cooler lines/mod :banana: :clap: :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
cor
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sun May 23, 2021 10:34 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Australia

Re: Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by cor »

digger303 wrote: Fri Oct 10, 2025 9:54 am So many awesome builds.
:bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:cheers2:
Lets not get carried away....
Kevthemodeller wrote: Fri Oct 10, 2025 2:38 pm Very nice, like the aftermarket oil cooler lines/mod :banana: :clap: :th:
Thanks Kev. Such a cool bike.
User avatar
DRUMS01
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am
Location: Ohio, USA
United States of America

Re: Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by DRUMS01 »

I've always enjoyed the look of the first edition Katana. I built this kit many years ago to factory spec, but I really like your color scheme and build. Along with the oil cooler, I like the heat stains on the exhaust and the darker coloring of the seat section; nice techniques.

Great work!

Ben
On the table or recently completed:

1/18 AV8-B Harrier - WIP
1/35 Churchill AVRE with SBG Bridge Diorama - DONE
75mm BMW R75 WW2 motorcycle with rider - DONE
User avatar
cor
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sun May 23, 2021 10:34 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Australia

Re: Suzuki Katana - Tamiya 1/12

Post by cor »

DRUMS01 wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2025 9:26 pm I've always enjoyed the look of the first edition Katana. I built this kit many years ago to factory spec, but I really like your color scheme and build. Along with the oil cooler, I like the heat stains on the exhaust and the darker coloring of the seat section; nice techniques.

Great work!

Ben
Thanks Ben. Yes its an interesting looking bike. I'm glad you like the seat, that was a fair bit of work.
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”