Italeri 1:48 a-10c blacksnakes

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
mattsmith
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 am

Italeri 1:48 a-10c blacksnakes

Post by mattsmith »

Hi guys,
I'm just about to start this build.
Could you help me with some paint info. I have worked out the main colour call outs but could you tell me what colours in need for the exterior its calling for.
flat light ghost gray fs 36375
flat dark ghost gray fs 35320 would like to pain in tamiya paint as that it what my local shop has.

There is more !!! sorry!!

I would like to detail it up a bit, so do any of you chaps have any info or direct me somewhere that I can use for reference photos

cheers guys in advance.

Matt
User avatar
Marty
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:58 am
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Italeri 1:48 a-10c blacksnakes

Post by Marty »

Gday Matt,

Depends if you want super accuracy.
I used Tamiya Dark Sea Grey and Light Sea Grey paints on my A-10,
not sure how accurate they are but no complaints from me.

Good walkarounds for details here:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/a ... 10/00.shtm

and here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_photog ... 127182279/

and finally here:

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/pat_h ... walk_1.htm

Good Luck 8-)
User avatar
5Craven
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK

Re: Italeri 1:48 a-10c blacksnakes

Post by 5Craven »

Mr Hobby do both these FS colours in their Aqueous Range. The paint callouts are;
FS 36320 - Mr Hobby H307
FS 36375 - Mr Hobby H308
both are in a semi gloss finish, but that shouldn't be a big issue. I have found Mr Hobby to be very nice paint so far.
On the Bench

1/48 Revell SH-60B Seahawk (on hold)
1/72 Matchbox Supermarine Walrus II (Decalling)
1/48 Hasegawa Idolm@ster F-16C (Decals complete)
1/35 Hobbyboss ZSL-92 IFV (Building)
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”