Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Schoof »

"I hope i did a decent job".... uhm no you did not ! You did a more then briljant job ! This is a grand-master class in modeling !! You HAVE to promise one thing ....... You'll bring this beauty to Veldhoven !!
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Schoof »

Ohw yeah. ..... Now i know for sure that I'm gonna hide my Marder III for a long time
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Coen wrote:haha... You didn't need my approval to know that this piece was awesome Frans... it speaks for itself.
FIGURES!!!!
WHOOHOO!!!
I was hoping ;)

Lol... wasn't asking for approval mate, it's just good to know that I'm on the right path... :mrgreen:
And yeah. figures!! :banana:
This tread isn't going to be closed for a while :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Raptor wrote:I'm blown away the last few details just change the league of this model completely. Truly nice work
ConnorM wrote:Like the look of this and that is alot of p.e.
moi196872 wrote:Super looking piece of armor. :bow::
Thank you very much gentleman! :D
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Schoof wrote:"I hope i did a decent job".... uhm no you did not ! You did a more then briljant job ! This is a grand-master class in modeling !! You HAVE to promise one thing ....... You'll bring this beauty to Veldhoven !!
Thank you for you major compliment Sebastian, I really appreciate that. :thumb2:
I was a bit modest when posting yesterdays progress... :lol:

And you bet! I promise that I will take this marder to Veldhoven! :thumb2:
All other modellers as my witness!

:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Schoof wrote:Ohw yeah. ..... Now i know for sure that I'm gonna hide my Marder III for a long time
lol.... Don't hide, build! :thumb2:
Would love to see it build :D
Build what you love, Love what you build
longlance67
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by longlance67 »

wonderful work Frans


lovely work indeed


Shane
On the Bench:
Trumpeter Stryker ESV
Hobby Boss 1/48 F18 Hornet
1/72 Dragon King Tiger with Zimm
28mm Napoleonic project
28mm Norman Conquest of Ireland painting project

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/longlance67
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

longlance67 wrote:wonderful work Frans


lovely work indeed


Shane
Cheers Shane :D
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Schoof is is right this mini monster has to go to Veldhoven
if you want to take it with you
i would.like to see it in person aswell as this looks awesome
and i think i don't want to start my marder now but it is screaming at.me for a few weeks now to get build
so a very nice vehicle you produced now just some figures and maybe a base and we can continue drooling
cheers Mark
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

MarkVerploeg wrote:Schoof is is right this mini monster has to go to Veldhoven
if you want to take it with you
i would.like to see it in person aswell as this looks awesome
and i think i don't want to start my marder now but it is screaming at.me for a few weeks now to get build
so a very nice vehicle you produced now just some figures and maybe a base and we can continue drooling
cheers Mark
Thanks Mark :D
you will have the chance to see this model in real time buddy :thumb2:
I'm taking it with me to Veldhoven at SMC 2014.
Who knows, , might win something :think:
Cheers mate :cheers2:
Last edited by fly1ngdutchm4n on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build what you love, Love what you build
Bissyboat
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Bissyboat »

Outstanding piece of work. It's a delight to look at this tank, over and over again. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Where`s my dinghy?
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Bissyboat wrote:Outstanding piece of work. It's a delight to look at this tank, over and over again. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you :D
Glad you like it!
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by MarkVerploeg »

fly1ngdutchm4n wrote:
MarkVerploeg wrote:Schoof is is right this mini monster has to go to Veldhoven
if you want to take it with you
i would.like to see it in person aswell as this looks awesome
and i think i don't want to start my marder now but it is screaming at.me for a few weeks now to get build
so a very nice vehicle you produced now just some figures and maybe a base and we can continue drooling
cheers Mark
Thanks Mark :D
you will have the chance to see this model in real time buddy :thumb2:
I'm taking it with me to Veldhoven at SMC 2014.
Who knows, , might win something :think:
Chess mate :cheers2:
looking forward to it
is it october already?
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

MarkVerploeg wrote:
fly1ngdutchm4n wrote:
MarkVerploeg wrote:Schoof is is right this mini monster has to go to Veldhoven
if you want to take it with you
i would.like to see it in person aswell as this looks awesome
and i think i don't want to start my marder now but it is screaming at.me for a few weeks now to get build
so a very nice vehicle you produced now just some figures and maybe a base and we can continue drooling
cheers Mark
Thanks Mark :D
you will have the chance to see this model in real time buddy :thumb2:
I'm taking it with me to Veldhoven at SMC 2014.
Who knows, , might win something :think:
Chess mate :cheers2:
looking forward to it
is it october already?
would be nice to see some ISM members at SMC :thumb2:
I know Schoof is coming too!
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by AchtungPanzer »

Wow ! The end of this Story :). Looks very good. Super final effect Frans :clap:
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

AchtungPanzer wrote:Wow ! The end of this Story :). Looks very good. Super final effect Frans :clap:
Thank you!
All that remains now is detailing the radio (headphone) And I'm waiting for the crew to arrive...

:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
ConnorM
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by ConnorM »

Looks fun.
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Nige201980 »

Stunning work Frans. When I grow up I want to build like you lol
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Coen »

Me too. :banana: :banana: :banana:
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Nige201980 wrote:Stunning work Frans. When I grow up I want to build like you lol
Coen wrote:Me too. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Haha! lol!
Thanks guys!
Something tells me we will never grow up.... :think:
:mrgreen:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by chief5437 »

That is freaking awesome Frans! Truly stunning mate, possibly your best work so far?

I'll stop there, words fail me!
Chief
User avatar
Switcher
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 pm
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Contact:

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Switcher »

A picture is worth 1K words, a video and song, endless. Just listen...

[youtube]Oy_ArpznZUs[/youtube]
On my desk:
1/350 Alpha Class Sub (Russian)
1/350 Akula Class sub (Russian)
1/350 USS Missouri USN Battleship BB-63
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

chief5437 wrote:That is freaking awesome Frans! Truly stunning mate, possibly your best work so far?

I'll stop there, words fail me!
:D Thank you very much Chief!
And you might be right, this is my best work so far. :thumb2:
Cheers mate! :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Switcher wrote:A picture is worth 1K words, a video and song, endless. Just listen...
Poetry in motion... That song said it all Switcher :thumb2:
Nice to here that song, it's been a while I heard that.
Thank you :D
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Just a small update guys!
I know figures are making Coen happy, so I bought some crew members to add to this build. :mrgreen:

The figures are from mini art, and I think they fit the Marder well.
I was a bit afraid that I would add to much figures, but I think this will work.
The only figure I did left out was the driver.

I had to customize some of the figures to make them fit perfectly.
I did this by carefully heat the arms and legs with a candle so I could bent them.

All figures are put together with a tiny drop of paper glue, so I can take them apart for sanding them later.

I would love to hear what you guys think :thumb2:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
FishBowlMan
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Kidderminster, England

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by FishBowlMan »

Love it, mate. The figures look very naturally posed. Can't wait to see them when they are painted :cheers2:
John

On the bench:

Tamiya 1/35 SAS Jeep, 1/35 BMW R75, 1/35 Pzkpfw III Ausf M/N
MiniArt 1/35 Bantam 40 BRC British Staff Car
Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D, originally for D-Day GB
Hobbyboss 1/35 Pzkpfw I ausf F

There is no room inside a box!
longlance67
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by longlance67 »

Frans that crew looks great mate !


Shane
On the Bench:
Trumpeter Stryker ESV
Hobby Boss 1/48 F18 Hornet
1/72 Dragon King Tiger with Zimm
28mm Napoleonic project
28mm Norman Conquest of Ireland painting project

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/longlance67
User avatar
Switcher
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 pm
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Contact:

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Switcher »

A touch of realism always brings things to life :)
On my desk:
1/350 Alpha Class Sub (Russian)
1/350 Akula Class sub (Russian)
1/350 USS Missouri USN Battleship BB-63
User avatar
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by PaulAyrey »

The figures look great and add a nice touch.

Can't wait to see them painted up.
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

FishBowlMan wrote:Love it, mate. The figures look very naturally posed. Can't wait to see them when they are painted :cheers2:
longlance67 wrote:Frans that crew looks great mate !


Shane
Switcher wrote:A touch of realism always brings things to life :)
Thank you guys :D
Glad you like it!
Cant wait to paint them and bring them to life!
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

PaulAyrey wrote:The figures look great and add a nice touch.

Can't wait to see them painted up.
Thanks Mate! :D
Hope to paint them soon :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Right!
Back to this build again :thumb2:
I want to finish this build, so picked it up again.

Very buzzy at work, little time to build. :crazy:
But I did finished the interior today!
Nothing special, added a headphone with wiring to the radio and a map and magazine laying around.

Image


So I think this MarderIII is finished now. Except for the figures that is. :mrgreen:
The little handles at the side armour where the tarp would be tied down on screams to hang something to it, but don't know what or if I should.. :think:
Have not decided that one. Maybe you guys know something.

The next thing I will concentrate on the figures.
Hope to see you soon!
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
wappynutter
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. UK
Great Britain

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by wappynutter »

Nicely done Frans, and those figures are fantastic buddy.
Warming them up to tease them into the relaxed poses has worked brilliantly mate.
Looking forward to the paint up pictures..
Good luck, don't work yourself too hard at work dude, save some energy for the modelling mojo!!.. :th:
:cheers2:
Regards Andy...Image
YouTube Channel..... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdZFBjr6oO-T-2ydSB4HIg
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

wappynutter wrote:Nicely done Frans, and those figures are fantastic buddy.
Warming them up to tease them into the relaxed poses has worked brilliantly mate.
Looking forward to the paint up pictures..
Good luck, don't work yourself too hard at work dude, save some energy for the modelling mojo!!.. :th:
:cheers2:
Thanks Andy :D
I always find a spare hour to do some modelling
But I do have to earn some modelling money! Haha!

Warming up the figures has to be done very carefully.
I did had figures with accidents before. Melted hands and noses...
War is hell eh?

But grab some :pop: for the next update, the figures are next!
Happy modelling buddy :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by AchtungPanzer »

:crazy: ...its all Frans :).
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

AchtungPanzer wrote: :crazy: ...its all Frans :).
Yes it is my friend, it is.... :mrgreen:
Thanks! :cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
Mike00
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 am
Location: Betsy Layne, Kentucky, USA

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Mike00 »

I just read this thread and all I can say is WOW! :jd: I have this kit in my stash and would like to think that I could do the detail that you put into this, but I don't know. You have set the bar very high my friend. Great work.
:bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
On the bench

Opel Workshop Truck
Italeri SWS with Flak 73
Airfix Spitfire
Kilgon Bird of Prey
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Rob »

I've just been catching up on this thread. Magnificent job on the Marder and the way you have adapted the figures to the model is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more.
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Mike00 wrote:I just read this thread and all I can say is WOW! :jd: I have this kit in my stash and would like to think that I could do the detail that you put into this, but I don't know. You have set the bar very high my friend. Great work.
:bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
:bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow:: :bow::
Thank you Mike!
I'm sure you will build a awesome Marder too! :thumb2:
I started this build September last year, so it took me a while... lol
Had to do some GB's between this build though.. :mrgreen:
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Rob wrote:I've just been catching up on this thread. Magnificent job on the Marder and the way you have adapted the figures to the model is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks Rob!
I'm thinking of painting the figures up coming week. If life is not getting in the way that is... ;)
Stay tuned this week! :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
Bissyboat
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by Bissyboat »

She´s a beaut! :clap: :clap: :clap: The crew will indoubtely add a another dimension to your tank. :pop:
Where`s my dinghy?
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Bissyboat wrote:She´s a beaut! :clap: :clap: :clap: The crew will indoubtely add a another dimension to your tank. :pop:
Thanks mate!

I hope to finish the figures this weekend! :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
gustavlekstal
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by gustavlekstal »

Inspiring work for a newbie.
Regards Gustav

Dragon t-34/85 premium mod 44
Done! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15153&p=189978#p189978

Dragon 15cm sig33 auf pz.kpfw Ib
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10747

Jsu-152 tamiya with et modelling pe
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12313
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

gustavlekstal wrote:Inspiring work for a newbie.
Thank you Gustav.
I'm trying to explain the progress as clear as possible, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Happy to answer them if I can :thumb2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

WARNING! Fast update!

Painted one of 4 SPG crew members...
Its a slow progress, but I'm getting there..

Image

Image

Image

For now that is.... Fast eh?
Build what you love, Love what you build
andreb87
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Siegen, Germany

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by andreb87 »

nice frans! the figure looks awesome! i just finished my 5 figures of the tiger kursk diorama. i hate figure painting ... i tend to bow my back while painting and after hours of painting my back hurts like Brad Pitt! i really have to improve my figure painting technique! you can find my figures in the land gallery! :cheers2:
on the bench: too much -.-
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

andreb87 wrote:nice frans! the figure looks awesome! i just finished my 5 figures of the tiger kursk diorama. i hate figure painting ... i tend to bow my back while painting and after hours of painting my back hurts like Brad Pitt! i really have to improve my figure painting technique! you can find my figures in the land gallery! :cheers2:
Thank you Andre 8-)
I will have a look at you figures in the land gallery :thumb2:
I like figure painting, although it can be a bit boring for its very time consuming. ..
I paint with very diluted paint, so 3 or 4 layers are needed. But this way you'll get a very smooth finish.
But I'm always happy when I finished the last figure!
:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
andreb87
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Siegen, Germany

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by andreb87 »

fly1ngdutchm4n wrote:
andreb87 wrote:nice frans! the figure looks awesome! i just finished my 5 figures of the tiger kursk diorama. i hate figure painting ... i tend to bow my back while painting and after hours of painting my back hurts like Brad Pitt! i really have to improve my figure painting technique! you can find my figures in the land gallery! :cheers2:
Thank you Andre 8-)
I will have a look at you figures in the land gallery :thumb2:
I like figure painting, although it can be a bit boring for its very time consuming. ..
I paint with very diluted paint, so 3 or 4 layers are needed. But this way you'll get a very smooth finish.
But I'm always happy when I finished the last figure!
:cheers2:


i do it the same way! thinning depends on the paint. i use vallejo model color and lifecolor. basecoat round about 1:1 ratio paint / water or 1:2 and the highlights and shadows are highly diluted ( 1:4 - 1:8)
it is very time consuming and i hate it because there are always small spots that need correction! :D
on the bench: too much -.-
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Hello guys!

First of all, A Happy Easter to all of you!
Today I finished painting the figures for the Marder.
With this done and adding them to the Marder, This build is FINISHED!
Almost... I mean, this is my competition model at Scale Model Challenge 2014, so If I see something I could add to this Marder, I will.
I'm not planning this Marder in a diorama.
Maybe it's going onto a base, but I'm thinking of letting it as it is now.
Not sure to add some props either, maybe a can of food or a drink bottle of two.

Anyway, Here are the pics of the end result!#
A small vid is in progress too for the yuptub ehh... YouTube community, that will be online somewhere tomorrow...

I had a blast building this model, and with all photo etch it was a real rollercoaster ride.
tried some new techniques on it, and it wasn't always sunsine, I must confess..
But I hope I could make her shine like a diamond!
Thank you for all your support that made me going, and for all great comments! It's really appreciated! :thumb2:

Enjoy!

Image

Image

This guy is tapping his mate on his back to comfort him after he's lost his friend in battle yesterday.
He is the only one still wearing his helmet in the safe zone, afraid to get shot too.
I tried to capture the face expressions on the figures. Left guy worried about his friend, and the right guy sad as hell...


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And here she is next to my marderIII Ausf.H that won 3th prize last year.. that was a OOB build

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image


:cheers2:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
gustavlekstal
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Tamiya Marder III Ausf.M Tank destroyer 1:35

Post by gustavlekstal »

Amazing stuff! Good luck in the future competition!!!
Regards Gustav

Dragon t-34/85 premium mod 44
Done! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15153&p=189978#p189978

Dragon 15cm sig33 auf pz.kpfw Ib
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10747

Jsu-152 tamiya with et modelling pe
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12313
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”