Weather and washes

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Tomtom12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Weather and washes

Post by Tomtom12 »

Hi all I need some help with weathering and washes i am new to modeling miltitary subjets, I've seen Pauls video to do with washes and understand how to use them, am I right in thinking that mig and ak products are the same and do a similar job, also what do you use oil paints for. Are there any good books I can get on this subject. All info greatly received
.
User avatar
LudvigN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Weather and washes

Post by LudvigN »

Some people use ink-washes aswell, never used them myself. I have personally only used home cooked enamel-based washes so far but I have some Ultimate-washes and Vallejo-washes enroute to my location as I type this. I think that MiG and AK are enamel based wich means theyre smelly. Ultimate, Flory washes and Vallejo are non smelling washes I believe. Don't know about the smell of ink-washes.

As for the usage of these products I would refer to the youtube-jungle. Youre guaranteed to find a tutorial on mig and ak-washes in there. Im no expert on this subject but I hope this brings you any kind of clarity.
Ludvig :cheers2:

On the bench:
Airfix 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HAS.1 (Whirlybird SIG)

Last one finished:
Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Gallery
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: Weather and washes

Post by Lego »

Did you look in the weathering section?

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewforum.php?f=66
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”