Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Video

Post Reply
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Video

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Hello Guys,

Here are the final reveal photos of my entry into the group Bomber build, that I completed 2 1/2 weeks ago, but only worked out how to post photos a few days ago.
I have also included a link at the end of this thread to my youtube account video that I made when the build was complete. If you haven't seen it, please watch and leave comments, including constructive criticism which is most welcomed. Also, if you subscribe and you have a youtube account, I'll subscribe to you and we are then automatically alerted with each others latest update videos that we post!

Hope you enjoy?!

Image
IMG_4710 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4716 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4712 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4713 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4715 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4718 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4719 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4724 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4725 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4717 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4727 by mldesigns58, on Flickr

Image
IMG_4728 by mldesigns58, on Flickr


Well....there she is!

I hope you enjoyed the photos, and, forgive me for posting so many, but this was my first large bomber build and apart from really enjoying the build, I'm kinda proud of myself with this one wherein it is my favorite build out of the 6 that I've built to date.

Overall conclusions: Airfix have come a long way since the kits I built as a boy/teenager in the late 60's early 70's. The parts were so clean and crisp, flash free, no sink marks, no ejector pin stress marks on visual surfaces, no short shots, blemishes, splays etc and, nicely recessed panel lines for those modelers that love them for pre-shading and highlighting. I completely forgot about pre-shading....well....I'd never done it before....that's all new to me.

I give this kit 8 out of 10 or 4 out of 5 stars. The reasons that I didn't give it higher than this are as discussed in my first posting for this thread....two parts were missing and one part was broken, so the Quality Control / Inspection Engineers at Airfix let their team down!

Quality of molded product = 10/10

Quality of assembly instructions = 10/10

Quality of painting instructions = 10/10 (all color)

Quality of Decals = 10/10

Quality of packaging and box artwork = 9/10

Quality of Customer Service to provide missing and broken parts = 9/10

Quality of assembly fits = 9/10 ... No filler was required, everything went together like a dream, just some filing and sanding in some areas to ensure snug fits, but, in todays day and age with 3D CAD design software and high end C.N.C machinery, we'd expect this kind of quality from mold tooling which this was in 2013.

Quality of details of molded product = 8/10.... I built this straight out of the box and I am not aware if there are any after market products available to enhance this model, but my score is 8 because it would have been nice if the bombs were provided. But, that said, Airfix do have a "Bomber re-supply set" that includes vehicles, personnel, bomb trailer and bombs- here's a link to view this and at a later date, I might just buy this and make a diorama.

http://www.airfix.com/shop/diorama-and- ... ly-set-172

To any modelers who love the Lancaster Bomber, this kit is highly recommended, especially that this is the only product out there depicting the B.II version with the Bristol Hercules radial Engines and would make a great addition to any others that you might have, If you've been contemplating building a Lancaster for the first time....this has to be at the top of your list!

Here is the link to the video of this build....please leave comments and subscribe!

Thanks to those that have made comments on this thread, I thank you for taking your time to read, look at the photos and do that when you could be doing something else, greatly appreciated!

Happy modeling!

Martin


_________________
"You can teach Monkeys to fly better than that! Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...dagga, dagga, dagga, dagga, dagga!"

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FullMoonDrummer

On the Production Line:

Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by DBMiller »

Well, I can't say mine will come out that good, but I can only try! Nice work! :thumb1:
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

DBMiller wrote:Well, I can't say mine will come out that good, but I can only try! Nice work! :thumb1:

Thanks, DB, compliments are always appreciated!

Are you building your Lanc now? If so, where is the thread so I can follow your build?

I'm sure you'll do an amazing job. There's a lot that I didn't do with this....because I'm new to this, this year....I didn't do any pre-shading, because I didn't learn about until recently. So, now that niggles me wondering what it could have looked like had I done that? Maybe I have to buy another Lanc just to see!
:tongue:

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
SteveW
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Maldon, Essex
Great Britain

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by SteveW »

That's a nice job martin. I still look at the B.II and think that there is something odd when the Merlin's are missing just doesn't seem right somehow. Again well done. :th:
User avatar
Pinchydoesmodels
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm
Location: Essex,England

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Pinchydoesmodels »

Hi, great job but you may need to ask lee or paul to get this thread moved to the final reveals section
In the hanger:
Revell 1/72 C-160 Transall
Up next:
Airfix 1/48 BAe Hawk
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

SteveW wrote:That's a nice job martin. I still look at the B.II and think that there is something odd when the Merlin's are missing just doesn't seem right somehow. Again well done. :th:
I know what you mean....those Merlin's also have that beautiful sound to them that can't be replaced by any other engine.

Only 300 of these were built until the Merlin's were available from the production line again....so it's a pretty rare plane to get the chance to build.

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Rob
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Rob »

Beautifully modelled, great photos too. I'll check put the video this evening after the footie :th:
User avatar
HistoryRider
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by HistoryRider »

VERY NICE!! Great job on the build! I can't wait to see the video! I like the choice, odd seeing radials on a Lanc!

:th:
HistoryRider
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThudWeasel

On the Bench___________________________________
Revell 1:48 Convair F-106 - Homeland Group Build
Academy 1:48 General Dynamics F-16 - Homeland Group Build
Tamiya 1:35 M4 Sherman
Tamiya 1:35 Panzer IV AusfD


On Deck___________________________________
To Be Determined
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Pinchydoesmodels wrote:Hi, great job but you may need to ask lee or paul to get this thread moved to the final reveals section
Thanks, Pinchy and thanks for the heads up regarding me placing this reveal into the wrong section; I'm new here, first post....well that's my excuse :)

I'll message Lee and Paul to see if they can switch the thread.

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by T3hGuppy »

Great job dude. Love it.

I've moved the thread to the reveals section for you. :th:
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Rob wrote:Beautifully modelled, great photos too. I'll check put the video this evening after the footie :th:

Thanks, Rob....appreciate the compliment...keeps me motivated to make more and try harder! ; )

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Rob wrote:Beautifully modelled, great photos too. I'll check put the video this evening after the footie :th:
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the compliments, glad you liked the photos! : )

Who do you support? I live in the USA- last 14 1/2 years, but grew up in Leicestershire, so my team is Leicester City....just got promoted!!

Hope your team wins tonight.

Enjoy the video....

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Mike00
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 am
Location: Betsy Layne, Kentucky, USA

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Mike00 »

Great job! :th: I really like the paint work.
On the bench

Opel Workshop Truck
Italeri SWS with Flak 73
Airfix Spitfire
Kilgon Bird of Prey
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by rodrant »

Hi Martin ,

Like the Lancaster!Very Nice build and painting , like some of the details that you done on your plane , it is sort of funny to see the Lanc with those Bristol Hercules radial engines :scratch:: , all the pictures that I have i mind are with thh RR Merlin engines.

Seems a great Airfix kit .

Great build ! :thumb2:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

T3hGuppy wrote:Great job dude. Love it.

I've moved the thread to the reveals section for you. :th:

Thanks, Ben, appreciate it mate! :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

HistoryRider wrote:VERY NICE!! Great job on the build! I can't wait to see the video! I like the choice, odd seeing radials on a Lanc!

:th:
Thanks for the compliment History! Glad you like it....enjoy the video, mate! :)

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
HistoryRider
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by HistoryRider »

Great video detailing the reveal! I enjoyed it! :th:
HistoryRider
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThudWeasel

On the Bench___________________________________
Revell 1:48 Convair F-106 - Homeland Group Build
Academy 1:48 General Dynamics F-16 - Homeland Group Build
Tamiya 1:35 M4 Sherman
Tamiya 1:35 Panzer IV AusfD


On Deck___________________________________
To Be Determined
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Lee »

Very nice indeed! :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Mike00 wrote:Great job! :th: I really like the paint work.
Thanks for the compliment, Mike....and thanks for taking time to look, appreciate it! :)

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Lee wrote:Very nice indeed! :th:
Thanks for looking, Lee and glad you like it, mate!

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

rodrant wrote:Hi Martin ,

Like the Lancaster!Very Nice build and painting , like some of the details that you done on your plane , it is sort of funny to see the Lanc with those Bristol Hercules radial engines :scratch:: , all the pictures that I have i mind are with thh RR Merlin engines.

Seems a great Airfix kit .

Great build ! :thumb2:

Thanks, Antonio! I'm glad you liked it, although it is different t the way we think of Lancs with their purring RR Merlins!

It's an excellent Airfix kit....the best Airfix kit I've made....I really enjoyed building it.

Cheers,

Martin.
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

HistoryRider wrote:Great video detailing the reveal! I enjoyed it! :th:
Glad you liked it mate and thanks for taking time out to watch it, greatly appreciated! :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by chief5437 »

Great result on a beauty of a plane. We'll done mate, really nice :th: :th: :th:
Chief
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

chief5437 wrote:Great result on a beauty of a plane. We'll done mate, really nice :th: :th: :th:

Thanks for the compliments and for taking time out and having a look, greatly appreciated, Chief! :)

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
ManCupboardModels
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:37 pm
Location: Grimsby, NE Lincs, UK
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by ManCupboardModels »

Top job, well done!! :th: :clap:
All the best, Karl

Currently bodging together: This, That and Tuther!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DaddyCool273 (ManCupboardModels) :pop:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

DaddyCool273 wrote:Top job, well done!! :th: :clap:

Cheers, Mate!....And, thanks for taking time out to look, greatly appreciated. :)
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
ROBOPAUL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm
England

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by ROBOPAUL »

That's a very nice Lanc. I really like the paint job. For me the first photo is the money shot, so iconic.
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

ROBOPAUL wrote:That's a very nice Lanc. I really like the paint job. For me the first photo is the money shot, so iconic.
Thanks for taking time out to have a look, Paul, greatly appreciated! I'm glad you liked it...it's my 5th and favorite build to date and I'm now working on my 7th build...a Tamiya De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI....will be a few more weeks before she's complete. With Easter coming near, the wife has time off work so, I have to devote my time to her and not my mistress...she has to sit silently until then.

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
ROBOPAUL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm
England

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by ROBOPAUL »

Just noticed where you're from, I suppose your a Tigers fan(spits over his shoulder). Bath Rugby all the way.
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

ROBOPAUL wrote:Just noticed where you're from, I suppose your a Tigers fan(spits over his shoulder). Bath Rugby all the way.
I grew up with Rugby; my two older brothers played for their Grammar school teams and went on to play for Sunday morning league teams, then when I went to Grammar school I played winger for the team, then played a couple of seasons after leaving school.

I was a big Tiger's supporter back in the day....during the times when Bath and Tigers always fought for the # 1 spot and the Underwood Brothers, Tony and Rory were both playing for Tigers and England. I've been in the USA for 15 yrs now, and I don't get to see any Rugby. American Football is boring...takes 4 hours to play a 1 hour game because of all the commercials, stoppages and time outs. And, they're all wimps trying to play Rugby while wearing helmets and body armor to protect themselves. I watched it a few times and couldn't deal with it.

I love Cricket, too....and really miss seeing England playing. I never missed an England game when I lived there- I would have loved to have been there for the recent Ashes tournament. The few things that I miss about England- Rugby, Cricket, good bacon and sausages, historical towns and quaint villages with good pubs.

I'm thinking about retiring back home soon.....maybe in the Cornwall area on the coast...so, Bath wouldn't be too far of a trip to see them get whooped by Tigers! ; )~
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
rip1978
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 pm
Location: nederland
Netherlands

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by rip1978 »

oooooh nice one. lovin it. looks great
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

rip1978 wrote:oooooh nice one. lovin it. looks great

Thanks, Rip.. I appreciate you taking time out to look at the photos and paying a compliment!

Cheers,

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Russ72
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:30 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Russ72 »

Well done Martin, that's some clean, neat, well finished work. Looks fantastic. :cheers2:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Russ72 wrote:Well done Martin, that's some clean, neat, well finished work. Looks fantastic. :cheers2:
Hell Russ,

Tanks for taking time out to have a look a her, I really appreciate it, and, glad you liked her!

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
User avatar
Rodney
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by Rodney »

WOW.. very nice looking :th:
User avatar
UKguyInUSA
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA formerly Palm Beach, Florida, USA and Leicestershire, UK (until 1999)
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II Final Reveal Photos + Vi

Post by UKguyInUSA »

Rodney wrote:WOW.. very nice looking :th:

Hello Rodney,

Thanks for taking a look mate and complimenting, greatly appreciated! :thumb1:

Cheers :cheers2:

Martin
WIP:: Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

Non-WIP::Eduard 1/48 Fokker DVII, Revell 1/32 Arado AR196 and 1/32 BF109G10 Erla,
Post Reply

Return to “Reveals”