Page 4 of 4

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:27 pm
by RichardT
mate love the vids - send pics of the painted Tiger and your entered. I don't care if the Tigers already built and needs painting as long as its not yet completed. Closing date will be 30th September 2016. I choose the winners from all entries submitted by that date. I will be looking for the following skill criteria
1/build and accuracy
2/paint and weathering
3/diorama
4/points of interest e.g on one 505th Tiger i added barb wire.

I would prefer modellers use as little aftermarket as possible as kits are already expensive but i expect no solid guide horns on tracks as this greatly effects accuracy.
Thus for Tamiya kits you will need aftermarket tracks and engine grilles.

Modellers to list all kits and parts used.

cheers,
Richard

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:41 pm
by Paul
RichardT wrote:Dear All,

after 2 and a half years of building Tiger 1's as part of a project to build all the variants and cover each of the heavy tank battalions i only have the
510th left to do.I am currently working on the interior - I hear a massive sigh of relief mainly from my wife.Thus i will not be getting divorced.

To celebrate the end I propose a build of any Tiger 1.
I will provide the prizes from my stash.
1st Prize Rye Field kit 5003 Tiger 1 with full interior.2nd Prize Rye Field kit 5005 Tiger Fehrmann. 3rd Prize Rye Field Tiger kit 5001.
I will throw in some extras if required.
Ofcourse i will ship out the prizes as well !!!

If anyone is interested let us know - it will be a starter if we get a decent response.



cheers Richard
Theres a 1/48 build on the go at the minute and theres been plenty of tiger 1 builds in the past so you may struggle for takers, but you never know

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 pm
by Willem
Just putting out a tentative feeler here folks.

Wings over Malta. Either a SIG or Buddy Build depending on takers.

Any aircraft, any scale, British/Commonwealth, Italian or German that took part. From fighters, photo-recce, bombers, maritime strike, air-sea rescue, transport, etc etc.

OOB, extra'd up to the eyeballs. Anything goes.

The siege took place between 11th June 1940 - 20th November 1942. So I propose starting 11th June 2017 - 20th November 2017. Next year will mark the 75th anniversary.

Don't know about prizes or even having winners but I'm quite happy to part with something appropriate from my stash should that be the route people would like to take.

:cheers2:

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:31 pm
by AdamLuscombe
RichardT wrote:Dear All,

after 2 and a half years of building Tiger 1's as part of a project to build all the variants and cover each of the heavy tank battalions i only have the
510th left to do.I am currently working on the interior - I hear a massive sigh of relief mainly from my wife.Thus i will not be getting divorced.

To celebrate the end I propose a build of any Tiger 1.
I will provide the prizes from my stash.
1st Prize Rye Field kit 5003 Tiger 1 with full interior.2nd Prize Rye Field kit 5005 Tiger Fehrmann. 3rd Prize Rye Field Tiger kit 5001.
I will throw in some extras if required.
Ofcourse i will ship out the prizes as well !!!

If anyone is interested let us know - it will be a starter if we get a decent response.



cheers Richard
I'd be interested

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:48 am
by Lysus
Willem wrote:Just putting out a tentative feeler here folks.

Wings over Malta. Either a SIG or Buddy Build depending on takers.

Any aircraft, any scale, British/Commonwealth, Italian or German that took part. From fighters, photo-recce, bombers, maritime strike, air-sea rescue, transport, etc etc.

OOB, extra'd up to the eyeballs. Anything goes.

The siege took place between 11th June 1940 - 20th November 1942. So I propose starting 11th June 2017 - 20th November 2017. Next year will mark the 75th anniversary.

Don't know about prizes or even having winners but I'm quite happy to part with something appropriate from my stash should that be the route people would like to take.

:cheers2:
Well that's far out enough that my calendar is still blank--pending the 2017 GB/SiG docket--I can be down for a yes. :cheers2:

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:14 am
by PrivatePublic
Willem wrote:Just putting out a tentative feeler here folks.

Wings over Malta. Either a SIG or Buddy Build depending on takers.

Any aircraft, any scale, British/Commonwealth, Italian or German that took part. From fighters, photo-recce, bombers, maritime strike, air-sea rescue, transport, etc etc.

OOB, extra'd up to the eyeballs. Anything goes.

The siege took place between 11th June 1940 - 20th November 1942. So I propose starting 11th June 2017 - 20th November 2017. Next year will mark the 75th anniversary.

Don't know about prizes or even having winners but I'm quite happy to part with something appropriate from my stash should that be the route people would like to take.

:cheers2:
I'd be keen, no idea what I'd build or if I have anything in my stash but it's a really interesting setting.

Also a vague idea just to chuck out there, perhaps as one of the ISM GBs/SiGs for yext year, I know it's a bit early for voting yet but hey. Personally I'd like to see a GB or two based not so much around subjects but more about techniques and the like so I'm curious if people would be interested in a build based around kitbashing and the like

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 am
by Lysus
PrivatePublic wrote:Personally I'd like to see a GB or two based not so much around subjects but more about techniques and the like so I'm curious if people would be interested in a build based around kitbashing and the like
I think a technique GB like the shiny things this year is a good idea. It was nice to see the different ways everyone did things.

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:20 pm
by SprueSurgeon
Hi I'm interested in starting a historic figure building sig so any real person from history, do you think there would be much interest, the builds are relatively easy, its the painting that brings it all to life. Thanks, Mark

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:53 pm
by Liamcraven666
SprueSurgeon wrote:Hi I'm interested in starting a historic figure building sig so any real person from history, do you think there would be much interest, the builds are relatively easy, its the painting that brings it all to life. Thanks, Mark
I'd take part in that! :th:
I recently saw a set of 1/35 WW2 generals and this would give me a reason to get it.

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:52 pm
by digger303
Seems to be some talk of a Stuka build. Now I don't build aircraft , but for some reason I'm thinking I wouldn't mind giving that a go.

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:07 am
by Johnj
digger303 wrote:Seems to be some talk of a Stuka build. Now I don't build aircraft , but for some reason I'm thinking I wouldn't mind giving that a go.
As far as i'm aware it starts in february but i dont know for how long. I've bought the airfix one for it as it's cheap as chips if it doesnt go well !

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:32 am
by digger303
Johnj wrote:
digger303 wrote:Seems to be some talk of a Stuka build. Now I don't build aircraft , but for some reason I'm thinking I wouldn't mind giving that a go.
As far as i'm aware it starts in february but i dont know for how long. I've bought the airfix one for it as it's cheap as chips if it doesnt go well !
I can't see anything on the board about it either.
I was thinking of the new airfix kit, but I'll look for something cheaper as well. :th:

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:37 am
by ElCapitan
When is the GB/SIG calendar usually published?

Re: Want to start a SIG?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 pm
by Paul
ElCapitan wrote:When is the GB/SIG calendar usually published?
When we've sorted the sig/gbs you guys want to see.

The stuka build is just a buddy build, nothing to do with ISM