Page 2 of 2
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm
by kpisnuts
I really love this kit. I'm working on the handle bars, there are more parts in just these bits than in some 1/24 car kits I've built (I'm not looking forward to the tiny decals)(They supply all the decals there are on the real bike) it has working break and clutch levers and a working throttle.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:37 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 pm
by HIghAltitudeScale
Damn, that is some really nice detail work you have going on there.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well this has been on and off half a dozen times as I couldn't find a way for the clutch reservoir horizontal then I checked some ref pics to find it's at an angle on the real bike. I was getting so stressed trying to get it level and horizontal, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had some.

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 pm
by Davethepitch
You are doing an excellent job of it.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 pm
by demarcation
Stunning work mate!!

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:26 pm
by Davethepitch
You will feel better when the front wheel is fitted
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:30 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all this is how Pocher would have you build the rad

Of course I could just fill the holes and weather it and it would be a whole lot better
But with Ron Clark’s PE it will be a whole league better I just can’t wait for them to get here.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well it arrived, I’m so excited

thanks to Ron

sooo much better

added the missing wiring for the exhaust valve

and added the missing wiring for the radiator fan

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well I’ve added a few more missing wires and added the cable for the exhaust valve (fuse wire)weathered the rad a bit I’d like to say nearing the end now but no still a long way to go

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:34 pm
by DrSprue

HOLY **** that looks real!
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm
by Davethepitch
I think this kit has moving parts.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:54 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:01 pm
by Davethepitch
OMGit is big
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:49 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:21 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Amazing
I love that comparison photo of the four scales
Some fantastic work indeed

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:36 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm
by kpisnuts
Well I've spent 3 hrs trying to get the wing mirrors on this, I may never touch the bl$€y kit again don't believe the YouTube video it's nigh on impossible. I've removed the windscreen to give me more room but still can't get them on, I really don't know how this is still in one piece.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well after lots of suggestions from people who have completed this kit I used a combination of their suggestions to do it I took my tamiya screwdriver which came with the tamiya bike kits (didnt want to use the one that came with the kit) broke the blade off

Cut the end off a pencil and drilled it out then glued the blade in, I now have a shorter screwdriver

Now to modify the petrol tank to be removable and to detail it up. First get my hole punch select the right size

Punch selected hole through self adhesive ally foil

Add to ignition switch

The two dome headed Allen screws on the outside of the ingition switch housing are glued in. I've drilled the holes they are supposed to screw into out so they are now locating pins, I will use the inner ones to hold the tank.
I've glued the ignition housing to the tank

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all this is how near I am to finishing this

I've sanded down the centre rear tyre to take the newness off it and realised I've missed the decals off the centre hub and I've weathered it now is it too late to add them now.
I'm going to alter the side panels panels to make them removable.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:32 pm
by kpisnuts
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:13 pm
by Davethepitch
I think I read that the throttle and other parts work.
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:27 pm
by Johnj
That colour is absolutely deadly ! I would never have thought about blue for a bike. Nice one !!!!
What do you think now that it's finished ? Is it worth the money ?
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:29 pm
by kpisnuts
Tbh it's a great kit and (apart from the wing mirrors) goes together well but for the money I think it lets itself down in stupid ways that wouldn't cost them more than pennies to correct like the hideous thing they supply as the radiator (which is very visible on the finished build) I bought some pe another modeller had made and kindly allowed me to use his designs cost me 20 quid I think and practically all the wiring connectors are moulded all I had to do was drill out the holes for the wires and find the apropriate thickness to replicate it. Now it would have cost them practically nothing to add the pe and some assorted thicknesses of wire. It's just Penny pinching. For that reason no I don't think it's worth the money but wow what a kit.